July 10, 2009

Friday-Fills In #132


And...here we go!


1. The last thing I ate was a hamburger cooked on the George Foreman grill and vegetables with dip.


2. More books is something I recently bought. I know, I am terrible. But they were on sale! $12 for 4 books! I will share soon. :)


3. When it rains, it makes me want to take a nap.


4. My sister was the first person I talked to today. It is nice having her and K visit (my future brother-in-law).


5. Hugs are excellent, especially when they come from the right person at just the right time.


6. Lately I have been in need of extra comfort. My boyfriend has been seriously ill and I haven't been able to talk to him or see him (he's been in ICU) apart from the occassional text. So I am feeling a bit stressed. He's better and supposed to be back home as of today, but still haven't talked to him or seen him.


7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to a workout on my glider machine and to spending more time with my sister and K, tomorrow my plans include a massage for my fibromyalgia treatment and possibly wedding dress shopping for my sister and Sunday, I want to visit my dad's only brother for his birthday. We haven't seen him since the funeral. I think it will be nice to all be together! I am hoping to get in some reading on the way there, too, since it is 2 hours away.
I hope you have great plans for the weekend, too!

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like you needed those books as a treat! I hope your boyfriend has a good recovery! (I love your use of the letter K - it sounds so literary!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. #1 - That's what we're having tonight. Minus the vegetables and dip.

    #2 - Great deal!

    #3 - Me too.

    I hope your boyfriend gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your boyfriend recovers quickly.

    That Hamburger sounds really yummy.

    Have a great weekend with your sister and future brother in law and visiting your uncle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could go for your last meal right about now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Lord! That is horrible about your boyfriend! I hope he gets better soon. How awful that you can't see him. I have a pregnant friend who has been in the hospital in ICU for 3 weeks now ... they don't know what is wrong with her and she isn't sleeping and doesn't want visitors and you can't send flowers and I feel so awful -- like she is going through this alone. And she has a baby under a year already. Makes you appreciate your own state of health -- even though I know you have your own issues with that. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. rhapsody: You're right! I did deserve a treat, didn't I? That is exactly how I like to justify purchasing books. :)

    nocturnal queen: I hope your dinner was as yummy as mine. And thanks for the well wishes for my bf. They are truly appreciated.

    Nicole: It was delightful, I have to say. :)

    Caspette: Thank you, me too. :) I am really looking forward to seeing my uncle. I can count on one hand the number of times I have seen him in the last 10 years.

    Jenners: Thanks. It is so hard not to be able to see him. He is at home now, but he's not out of the woods yet, so to speak. Thanks for the comment and I sincerely hope your friend gets better soon! That is rough.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love veggies and dip!

    i haven't pulled out the foreman in forever! i should do it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gotta love those George Foreman grills! Book sales are hard to resist, aren't they?

    I am so sorry to hear about your boyfriend. I hope he is doing better.

    Try and have a good weekend. Enjoy your time with your family!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!