July 22, 2009

Colorful Challenge- Chance to Guest Post on Lost in Books!


When I made up my own challenge when I started blogging in January, I didn't think about others wanting to join in! But they have, and I am so glad! And, heck, they are getting through the challenge quicker than I am! (That's what I get for signing up for so many challenges and review books, but I will catch up!)

I wanted to make a prize for finishing the challenge. The challenge goes through December 31, 2009. I am proposing that every single reader who finishes the challenge, complete with reviews/thoughts on the book, and has added their reviews to the list on the challenge post will get the opportunity to write a guest post/guest review on my blog.

The guest post/guest review can be short, it can be long, it can be funny, it can be serious, it can be anything you want it to be, as long as it is PG-rated. :) You can have one of your challenge reviews re-posted on my blog, you can write about your experiences reading for the challenge, you can write a new review and post it here, you can write about your love of books or your children's love of books or anything at all literary related.

Of course the biggest prize of a reading challenge is completing a challenge and the feeling of accomplishment you get from that. And, of course, possibly stepping outside of your comfort zone/box and trying something new. But I wanted to offer this, too. I don't have the money to have a giveaway, but I can give up some space on my blog for you. It would be a great way to gain new readers for your blog.


So far, here are the stats I have for the Colorful Challenge. If you've written a review and it is missing, please leave a comment for me on the Challenge Post.
If you want to learn more, read the participants reviews (you should), or even sign up for the challenge yourself (it's not too late, you've got until December), click here.

PARTICIPANTS READS SO FAR (out of 9 books)

Kristi (Books & Needlepoint) - 2
Kerri (Book Ends) - 5
Rose City Reader - 4
Mardel (Rabid Reader) - 5
Claire (kiss a cloud) - 2
Tracey (A Book Sanctuary) - 2 [oops, I missed 2, actually she's at 4]
Sandra (Fresh Ink Books) - 1
Susan (ThinkThinkers/Reading Upside Down) - 2
Rebecca (Lost in Books) - 2

Every participant (even if there are 20 participants) who complete the 9 books and review them will get to have a guest post/guest review on Lost in Books. The schedule for that will depend on how many complete the challenge and will be determined at that time.

Best of Luck!

9 comments:

  1. Only 2 out of 9? I really need to get myself organised. I have a couple of books on my TBR for this challenge, but they keep getting overlooked for other titles.

    I will have to get back to it and make sure I have linked reviews for each of the books I have read. I'll have to make sure I finish the challenge by the end of December so that I can bring some Australian summer sunshine to your blog in the New Year. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great challenge and one that would take me out of my comfort zone, except some of your books are on my TBR list....if only I didn't have so many challenges going already.

    Will you do something like this again next year?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea Rebecca! I'm excited to get finished now. (I just ordered a purple book from Chapters the other day). I think Red is now the only book I haven't at least chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's nice to see an update and a reminder. My problem isn't reading them, it's reviewing them. I hate writing reviews. It is a fun theme though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan- Don't feel bad. I am at 2 books finished, too, and it's my challenge! lol I found 2 of the books I had originally chosen I just couldn't get through so I have had to change them and that has slowed me down some.

    Book Dragon- Yes, I probably will. It seems to be pretty popular this year, even though I was a new kid on the block, so I think if the people want it, I will make it! :)

    Kerri- You and Mardel have read the most books, so far. You are doing great!

    Sandra- Sometimes I get in a rut where the last thing I want to do is write a review. But then I will get in the right mood and write 5 of them in a row! Caffeine helps. :) And thank you for the compliment and your participation, darling. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will have to think about doing this challenge. I already have a book with grey in the title that I've been meaning to read; and as I mentioned on twitter, I like to listen to songs by color. I never thought about reading books by color, but it might be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't even know about this challenge!! I'll check it out and see if it seems feasible to do ... at this point, I may be all challenged out! (I'm a slow reader compared to others ... mostly because of lack of time!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll be doing the rest of my 7 books near the end of the year.. but hopefully sooner! I want to do them all in one month.. ambitious, I know! Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. [url=http://www.microgiving.com/profile/ibuprofen]buy ibuprofen canada
    [/url]motrin 18
    ibuprofen and flu medicine
    motrin pm reviews
    ibuprofen for headache
    can you buy motrin 800 mg over counter

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!