July 23, 2009

BTT: Short and Sweet

Which do you prefer? (Quick answers–we’ll do more detail at some later date)
  • Reading something frivolous? Or something serious? A mixture of both, but mostly serious.
  • Paperbacks? Or hardcovers? Doesn't matter.
  • Fiction? Or Nonfiction? Fiction, but I like both.
  • Poetry? Or Prose? Poetry
  • Biographies? Or Autobiographies? Autobiographies
  • History? Or Historical Fiction? Historical Fiction
  • Series? Or Stand-alones? Hmm...I guess I'll go with Stand-Alones.
  • Classics? Or best-sellers? Best-sellers, but I like classics, too.
  • Lurid, fruity prose? Or straight-forward, basic prose? I have no idea what lurid, fruity prose means. UPDATE: I've been informed. :) I go with straight-forward, basic prose.
  • Plots? Or Stream-of-Consciousness? Plots
  • Long books? Or Short? Short
  • Illustrated? Or Non-illustrated? Non-illustrated
  • Borrowed? Or Owned? Owned, of course
  • New? Or Used? Used

11 comments:

  1. I definitely go for used too. I very rarely buy new.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone else who loves used books! Browsing through second-hand books when you don't know what's going to be there is much more fun than walking into a bookstore that has everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a lot of the same answers though I prefer to borrow rather than own. There's only so many places in my house where I can put books at! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to admit that there is something special abut the used books stores visit. You just never know what you will walk away with in the end. Sometimes I'm psyched because I just found a brand new book for little of nothing and sometimes I 'm gushing over something really old. I love the variety and the surprise factor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you on most of the list, but I like long new books and prefer series. :) That said, most of my books are used (because I can't justify spending a fortune on books).

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was really hard to decide between the choices given.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I find it difficult to capture my reading behavior in multiple choices!

    I prefer a plot-driven novel that slowly unfolds in fruity and lush prose, with multiple layers and allusion that indulge my mind long after I turn the last page like the lingering aftertaste of a good glass of wine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are actually hard! I love used bookshops, and sites like Bookmooch. I don't know what I'd do without them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's actually pretty hard to choose one or the other...I could write a paragraph or two on any one of these!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have no idea what lurid prose is supposed to mean, either. Apparently I've never encountered such a thing. :) But basic straight-forward prose sounds better in any case.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I tend to be a more selfish person and buy new. Unless I can't find something I really want then I'll go used all the way :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!