July 3, 2009

ABC Book Meme

ABC Book Meme

For this meme, you list a favorite book that starts with each letter of the alphabet. If you don't have a book for a letter (such as Z or X) than you can substitute a favorite book that simply has that letter in the title (ex. The Lost City of Z or Hot Six by Janet Evanovich). However, you can only do this a maximum of 3 times. (Z, X, and Q. But not Z, X, Q, and V.) Books can be of any genre from fiction to non-fiction to poetry to textbooks.

A: Artists' Journals and Sketchbooks by Lynne Perrella
B: The Beach House by James Patterson
C: The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas
D: Drowning Ruth by Christina Schwartz
E: Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
F: The Fibromyalgia Relief Book by Miryam E. Williamson (only 3/4 through but it is already a favorite book)
G: The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
H: Holy Spirit Encounter Bible (the best edition I've ever had)
I: Inclusion Strategies for Working with Young Children by Lorraine O. Moore
J: The Jane Austen Book Club: A Novel by Karen Joy Fowler
K: The Know-It-All: One Man's Humble Quest to Become the Smartest Person in the World by A.J. Jacobs
L: Life of Pi by Yann Martel
M: Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden
N: Nineteen-Eighty Four by George Orwell
O: On the Couch by Alisa Kwitney
P: Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen
Q: Quick Quality Check for Infant and Toddler Program (the only book I've ever read that started with a Q!)
R: The Rescue by Nicholas Sparks
S: Secret Daughter: A Mixed-Race Daughter and the Mother Who Gave Her Away by June Cross
T: A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
U: The Upstairs Room by Johanna Reiss
V: The Virgin's Knot by Holly Payne
W: When the Wind Blows by James Patterson
*X: Oedipus Rex by Sophocles
Y: Young Investigators: The Project Approach in the Early Years by Judy Harris Helm and Lilian Katz
*Z: Eating the Alphabet: Fruits & Vegetables from A to Z by Lois Elhert


Do you have a favorite book that starts with an X or Z?

7 comments:

  1. How fun! I did a meme like this a long time ago, and I couldn't find anything for Q, X and Z. I'm glad to hear you loved The Know-It-All. That's one I've been meaning to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looked fun so I joined you!

    http://missysbooknook.blogspot.com/2009/07/abc-book-meme.html

    I couldn't come up with an X or Z book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read two Z books this year!

    Zig-Zagging and Zamora's Ultimate Challenge.

    X . . . hummm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh this a great meme. def. gonna do it! great list! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, fun! Here's my list.

    I once read Zadig by Voltaire, but if I remember rightly I didn't much like it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have an X and a Z but they're both science fiction, which makes sense I guess!

    Xenocide is Book 3 of the Ender Series by Orson Scott Card.

    Zoe's Tale is by John Scalzi, and is also part of a series (although either book can be read independently).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got them all! :)

    http://balletbookworm.blogspot.com/2009/07/abc-book-meme.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!