June 9, 2009

Teaser Tuesdays- The Tale of Genji


TEASER TUESDAYS is hosted over at Should Be Reading. Check it out for more links to more Teaser Tuesday posts!

My teaser sentences this week come from The Tale of Genji by Lady Murasaki, which I am reading as part of a group started by Matt at A Guy's Moleskin Notebook.

"But the priest persuaded him to stay a little longer: 'The sinister influences are not yet wholly banished,' he said; 'it would be well that a further ritual should continue quietly during the night.'" pg. 84 of Part One

6 comments:

  1. You are all brave, brave souls :P I really want to read this, but I don't think I'm ready yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmmmm, strange. The book got my interest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds interesting. I'll be watching for your review. My teaser is here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see what you think of this book! I've been wanting to read it for a while, but the length is intimidating. I'd like to get a copy that's illustrated like a manga (which this book is kind of an ancestor to), but those are expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I gotta catch up with everyone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice teaser, can't wait read everyone's reviews.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!