June 28, 2009

Shots of Short on Sunday

SHORT STORY #: 27
TITLE: The Last Leaf
AUTHOR: O. Henry
FOUND @ The Literature Network


SUMMARY: Pneumonia strikes a young artist in Greenwich Village. She decides that when the last leaf falls off of the vine outside of her window, she too will let go and die. Her friend is determined not to let this happen.

RATING: 5 Stars
THOUGHTS: This is quite possibly the sweetest short story I have ever read. I highly recommend this story. If this story doesn't touch your heart, I don't know what will.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I remember this one! And yes, I found it quite good. Thanks for the reminder of O. Henry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I've read this one! Will have to look it up. Thanks for the recommendation, Rebecca! I hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read this one. I don't read a lot short stories, but this one sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember reading this one in school!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!