June 23, 2009

The Quote Game- Kissing


Welcome to this week's Quote Game! The topic for this week is Quotes about Kissing! Please leave a comment with your quote(s) and the book they came from for all to enjoy. Also, if you don't have a quote (or even if you do) give some love by telling others which quotes you enjoyed reading!

Here is the quote that I left with you last week to start you off:

"How did it happen that their lips came together? How does it happen that birds sing, that snow melts, that the rose unfolds, that the dawn whitens behind the stark shapes of trees on the quivering summit of the hill? A kiss, and all was said." -Victor Hugo

Next week's topic to look for in your reading is Quotes including a name of a flower. It can also include parts of a flower (petal, for example). Here is a quote to get you started for next week:

"They were careless people, Tom and Daisy — they smashed up things and creatures and then retreated back into their money or their vast carelessness, or whatever it was that kept them together, and let other people clean up the mess they had made…" -from The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald

My favorite flower is a daisy, plus The Great Gatsby is one of my favorite books, so this quote was very fitting for me to include!

Be sure to look for and remember quotes that include a name of a flower that you've read and remember to come by next Tuesday and share them with us! I love reading the quotes you find!

5 comments:

  1. "Lips that taste of tears, they say,
    Are the best for kissing."
    -Dorothy Parker

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the lovely quote!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this one, "A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous." ~Ingrid Bergman

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two kiss quotes from my recent reads:

    "And then he kissed me.
    Slowly and suddenly at the same time.
    No kiss that had ever come before, not one, had ever felt as right."
    (Page 277)
    Cutting Loose by Nadine Dajani

    "J.T. does not kiss me good night. He walks me to the door, leans against it, and looks me up and down, from the top of my head to my shoes. It's hotter than a kiss." (Page 228)
    Girls in Trucks by Katie Crouch

    ReplyDelete
  5. Once he drew
    With one long kiss my whole soul thro'
    My lips, as sunlight drinketh dew.

    ~Alfred Lord Tennyson

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!