June 8, 2009

My Month in Music

I love music and movies almost as much as I love books, so I have added two new monthly features to the blog. One is My Month in Movies and the second one is My Month in Music.

Like my taste in books and in movies, my taste in music is eclectic as well. I listen to everything save screaming into the mike. So you could find me listening to Miles Davis as easily as you could find me listening to Linkin Park.

Here is what I have been listening to a lot in the past month. You will find a link to a video on You Tube with each.

Norah Jones- I love listening to Norah Jones. Jones comes from a talented family. Her father is sitarist Ravi Shankar and her half-sister is Anoushka Shankar, also a talented sitar player and composer. My favorite songs are Come Away With Me, Lonestar, Creepin' In, The Nearness of You, and Wish I Could.
Here is the video of I've Got to See You Again performed live.


I think Rihanna has a terrific and unique voice. I love dancing to songs like Shut Up and Drive, Please Don't Stop the Music, and Pon De Replay. She also sounds wonderful on slow songs like Take a Bow and Unfaithful. This month I can't seem to stop listening to Shut Up and Drive.



KC & the Sunshine Band are the perfect "summer-is-coming-let's-dance-in-the-car" group. Their music is so happy and full of free love and fun. Get Down Tonight and I'm Your Boogie Man have been my recent favorites. This video of Get Down Tonight has the lyrics and some great outfits. This one has great dancing.



Natasha Bedingfield's song Unwritten is one of my anthem songs. It reminds me that I can take my life in any direction I choose and that I still have a lot to take part in and create. I have also been listening to her song, Wild Horses.



My friend got me started on Pete Yorn. She is a big fan. I have been especially liking his song Just Another.





What have you been listening to a lot recently? Share in the comments!

6 comments:

  1. I really like Natasha's Soul Mate and Pete Yorn's Crystal Village. Just throwing ya' my unsolicted advice, but have you heard Adele's album?

    S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, LOVE Norah Jones! I've never heard of Pete Yorn though, so I'll have to check him out. (Wow...that sounds like I mean I want to "check" him out...too funny. Maybe I do!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. For some reason I always want to listen to Green Day and Bruce Springsteen at the beginning of summer, so I've been listening to that. Also Lisa Hannigan--have you heard of her? And Melody Gardot's new album, which is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lately I cannot stop listening to Natasha Bedingfield - love "Unwritten" as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list! Cool new features too. It was a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree about Unwritten. It's a great kick in the pants type anthem song.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!