June 8, 2009

Musing Mondays- Reading Time

Musing Mondays is hosted over at Just One More Page.

Today’s MUSING MONDAYS post is about reading time…

Do you have a set reading time (before bed, perhaps)? Do you read more at night or during the day? Is there a day of the week, perhaps, that you set aside to catch up on reading?

I don't usually have a set reading time. I read when I have the time and when I am in the mood (which is, of course, quite often!) I read more at night than I do during the day. There are so many more distractions during the day- places to go, people around, phone calls, more traffic outside the house (I live on a busy street). I am able to concentrate and focus better at night. I do read while waiting at doctor's offices or while getting my car's oil changed or anywhere I have to wait (unless it is the post office- I exercise in line there, calf stretches and such. I even got others in line to do it too one day!).

What about you? Do you read at a certain time of day or on a certain day of the week?

6 comments:

  1. I read more at night, too, because I've gotten all of my chores done by then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do try to read more during the weekends, at least, one day of the weekend. Otherwise, I fit reading in wherever I can do it. I just wish there could be more time in day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rebecca I mostly read at night too. I will also read if I am waiting for an appointment. Although I do try to squeeze in a little reading time whenever i can during the day.

    During the summer I tend to read alot because at our library not only do the have a summer reading program for kids (they get tickets for every half hour read) and the last three years they made it into a family event too. (for family its every hour read)so Michael likes when he gets to win a little prize.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I usually read whenever too-no set times although I do like to read before bed. I find the evenings better for me too. Less noise and interruptions and my crazy dog finally settles down and goes to sleep. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to read at least a little before bed or I can't go to sleep. I also try not start reading very early in the day, because then my entire day is shot and nothing gets done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lately the only "set" reading time I have is when I am "sitting" on the toilet! hahahah

    Ok - now for real - I have given you an award here: http://booksandneedlepoint.blogspot.com/2009/06/winners-and-awards.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!