June 29, 2009

Musing Mondays- Mid-Year Reading

Musing Mondays is hosted by Rebecca at Just One More Page.
Today’s MUSING MONDAYS post is about mid-year reading…

Now that we’ve come to the middle of the year, what do you think of your 2009 reading so far? Read anything interesting that you’d like to share? Any outstanding favourites?


Great question. I will love reading everyone's responses. I like doing recaps of what books were brilliant and where you feel you are as far as your reading goals.

Every Wednesday I now do a short "report" on how my goals have progressed for the week. You can find them here. I also do a monthly round-up. Some weeks and months are better than others, but overall I am pretty satisfied with how my year has gone so far. At the halfway mark I have read 51 books and completed 2 challenges. I have a loooong way to go, but at least I have made good progress. :) Who knows what will happen in the second half of the year. I hope to have a job, so that will take some time away from reading, but you will not hear me complaining!

My favorite books so far this year:

A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini

Notes from My Travels by Angelina Jolie

1st to Die by James Patterson

Secret Daughter: A Mixed-Race Daughter and the Mother Who Gave Her Away by June Cross

Back When We Were Grownups by Anne Tyler

Shattered Reality by Kimberly Cheryl

Coffee with the Buddha by Joan Oliver Duncan


Here is a list of all of the books I've read and reviews written this year.


My goals for the second half of 2009 are just to complete the rest of the challenges I signed up for (or as many as I can) and to find some great new authors and more favorite books!

15 comments:

  1. You've gotten off to a great start this first half of the year from the sounds of it. Good luck with your challenges in the last half. I hope to work harder on mine as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree wholeheartedly about A Thousand Splendid Suns!

    Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got quite a variety of books on your list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!
    A Thousand Splendid Suns is on my TBR list for this year. Have heard it's really good. Have a great day!

    Sherrie
    http://sherriesbooks.blogspot.com/2009/06/musing-mondays_29.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've done great with your reading! 51 books is a great number at this time of the year :)
    This makes me realize that I have yet to read something by James Patterson!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A Thousand Splendid Suns is on my TBR list too..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Back when we were grownups sounds the most interesting to me. my Monday musings

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like your having a good year. Here is my Monday Morning Update

    ReplyDelete
  9. My goal for the entire YEAR is 52! And I am four books behind, I think.

    I loved A Thousand Splendid Suns, but it made me cry.

    (new profile picture, same Lisa from Books Lists Life.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm still lingering in the early 40s :(

    Congratulations, and good luck with the goal :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. A Thousand Splendid Suns is a great book! I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been wanted to read Miss Jolie's book for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't read any of those yet, but after loving Breathing Lessons I definitely want to read more Anne Tyler.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like you're halfway thru a wonderful year in books!

    The only book on your list of favorites that I've read is A THOUSAND SPLENDID SUNS; it would make my list, too!

    I went thru an Anne Tyler phase, but I haven't read any of her books in years. Since you noted this as a favorite, I'll have to look into it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!