June 22, 2009

Mailbox Monday

Welcome to Mailbox Monday! Sorry I am late getting it up. I was out of town this weekend (it went well!) and then this morning I had outpatient surgery (more on that later, I am doing ok though).

Here is your innovative mailbox of the week. I can't say that I would like reaching into a fish's mouth every day to get my books and mail, but, obviously these people think fishing is tops! Be sure to check back next week for a different fun mailbox!


This week I received three books from Book Mooch, one from an author, plus I received the Latino Books Package that I won from Cassy at her blog Reach for More. They look fantastic!




These are the five books I received in the Hachette Latino Books Package Giveaway!
-Into the Beautiful North by Luis Alberto Urrea -Hungry Woman in Paris: A Novel by Josefina Lopez -Houston, We Have a Problema by Gwendolyn Zepeda -B as in Beauty by Alberto Ferreras -The Disappearance of Irene Dos Santos by Margaret Mascarenhas

From Book Mooch:


The Sunday Philosophy Club by Alexander McCall Smith



Does Anything Eat Wasps? And 101 Other Unsettling, Witty Answers to Questions You Never Thought You Wanted to Ask by New Scientist



Uglies by Scott Westerfield
(Oops, forgot this one before I published the first time!)

From the Author:


Saffron Dreams by Sahila Abdullah
You will be hearing more from this author on this blog when she comes by to visit at the end of July!

What did you receive in your mailbox this week??

13 comments:

  1. Ooh, I'm looking forward to your thoughts on Uglies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad things are ok with you.

    Those books look great! I look forward to hearing your thoughts on them soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also got the Latina pack. It looks great, doesn't it?!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to know that everything is o.k. with you...and wow, check out that awesome loot you received in the mail!!! Can it get any better than that? Enjoy all the great reads!

    ReplyDelete
  5. An empty envelope. LOL One of my friends sent me a book and somehow the envelope opened during shipping and the book fell out. Bummer.

    I'm glad your weekend went well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read/reviewed Into the Beautiful North and B as in Beauty. I liked them both. I hope you do, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad to hear that you are okay, Rebecca :) !

    Only one book in my mailbox this week(but that's probably good, because I really don't need more books before I finish some of those I already have here.).

    ReplyDelete
  8. You had a great week! I'm almost through with IRENE DOS SANTOS and I'm enjoying it so far.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Uglies - another book I need to read. I am glad this weekend went well, as it must have been hard. I hope your outpatients appointment isn't too serious and that everything is OK.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the mailbox..I'm not telling the husband or we will have one. Just found your blog from your link on Goodreads! Stopin' by to say Hey!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. glad you're doing well after outpatient surgery - if you get any resting time, I imagine you'll be reading.

    You got a nice stack of books this week - congrats on the Latino Books Package win!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that mailbox :D Great book in the selection too :D
    Happy REading!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!