June 15, 2009

Mailbox Monday

Welcome to Mailbox Monday!

This week's featured mailbox is an actual underwater mailbox. It is located off the coast of Susami, Wakayama in Japan, about 33 feet below sea level. This is an actual official mail collection point! Each day the contents are collected from the box, which apparently contains up to 200 pieces of mail a day! Here are two sites that have reported on it: Pink Tentacle and Gizmo Watch. Be sure to check back next week to see another fun new mailbox on this post!

Now, on to the books! I had a crazy fab week and received a personal record total of 8 books and 3 audiobooks in the mail. So nice.

First up-

And Only to Deceive by Tasha Alexander
From a book swap with the lovely Natasha of
Heidenkind's Hideaway

The Abortionist's Daughter by Elisabeth Hyde
From Book Mooch

From Fatigued to Fantastic: A Proven Program to Regain Vibrant Health
(a best-selling guide for treating CFS and Fibromyalgia) by Jacob Teitelbaum
From Book Mooch

The Girl Who Stopped Swimming by Joshilyn Jackson
Won from a giveaway on the fabulous blog Confessions of a Bibliophile

Now, Discover Your Strengths by Marcus Buckingham & Donald D. Clifton
From Book Mooch

Recovering My Voice: A Memoir of Chaos, Spirituality, and Hope
by Aruni Nan Futuronsky
An ARC from Paula Krapf of Author Marketing Experts

Scared by Tom Davis
From Audra Jennings of B&B Media Group
With a special shoutout to Kristi of Books & Needlepoint for
introducing me to Jennings


Prayers for Sale by Sandra Dallas
From the lovely Nicole of Linus's Blanket

The last 3 are audiobooks I received from Hachette, in connection with a giveaway in April. My first audiobooks!

Undress Me in the Temple of Heaven by Susan Jane Geman

Never Give Up by Joyce Meyer

Max by James Patterson (Maximum Ride Series, Book 5)

Whew! My mailbox was bursting this week! I am thrilled! What is a book you received this week?

16 comments:

  1. Lots of good ones...enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got some really good ones. We have nothing in common this week but I do have Undress me and The girl on my TBR pile.

    My MM is posted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of most of those books. But I did receive my copy of Undress Me in the Temple of Heaven - thank you for following up on that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had quite a haul last week. I'm not familiar with most of the books, but I did enjoy The Girl Who Stopped Swimming and Undress Me in the Temple of Heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you got a lot of books this week! I love your mailbox pic. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a load! I am happy for you- I haven't heard of many of these either,but I know a lot of Joyce Meyer fans.

    The underwater mailbox is an interesting concept, but I hate soggy mail.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy your new acquisitions, Rebecca!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got The Girl Who Stopped Swimming too. I also picked up the Elisabeth Hyde one today.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm reading The Abortionist's daughter ATM and enjoying it. Enjoy your new books, Rebecca :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw your d on Twiiter. Glad you got it okay. Enjoy!

    I loved Undress Me in the Temple of Heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love that underwater mailbox! How weird! I guess you have to pack the stuff really good and watertight. Why do people do stuff like this?

    And I literally just reviewed "The Girl Who Stopped Swimming" today!! It was great! I loved it!

    And I'm reading "The Lost City of Z" right now ... and then it will be on its way to you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great mail box!! I love that underwater information...amazing!!
    Prayers for Sale was fantastic. Enjoy your loot!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I got Coffee with the Buddha from... you! :) Thank you! I'm hoping I'll be able to start it next week; it looks like it's going to be a nice, concise read.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That whole Maximum Ride series I have been meaning to read. One day :)

    Good selection of books.

    There is also an underwater mail box in the south pacific I believe Fiji.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lots of good stuff. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've never heard of an underwater mailbox. Interesting. Looks like you got some great titles. Hope you enjoy them.

    --Anna
    Diary of an Eccentric

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!