June 25, 2009

Linking to Other Reviews

I have seen the participants of Weekly Geeks do this, but did not take up the idea myself- linking to other reviews of the same book on the review post.

I honestly just thought 'it's too much work' and that I 'didn't review enough of the same books as the more established bloggers', but the whole idea behind it is basically community. I love the book blogging and reading community and want to be a part of it as much as I can. So now that I have blogging more under control (6 months in July!) and I'm connected on Twitter and Goodreads and Book Blogs. I am on Blogged and Blog Catalog and Library Thing and I am subscribed to the most entertaining book blogs.

What's next seems obvious to me: to connect to other bloggers via our book reviews. Those at Weekly Geeks had the right idea. So I would like to take this opportunity to invite you to let me know if you've reviewed a book I have reviewed or one that comes up in the future. Send me the link and I will add it to my post.

Thanks for all the great reviews, too- reviews that inspire my Mt. TBR. It is my absolute pleasure to link to your stellar reviews and I am glad that I have made time to do this.

7 comments:

  1. I didn't know you were on goodreads and twitter. I've sent you a friend request at the first and am following you at the second. :)

    I tried to hook to other people's reviews for awhile, but I found I didn't have a good way to search for reviews by blogs I frequent. I mean, there are hundreds of book blogs out there, and I connect with maybe 75-100 of them. I don't know how to do a search of just theirs without going one by one, and when I just do a general blog search, often the results that came up are not blogs I've ever seen before. I eventually gave up the linking. I did read a blog today though talking about linking to the person who recommended a book, which I think is a good idea and something I'm going to try to do in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I search in google reader and see if other books turn up. I find linking other reviews can be helpful and a nice way to promote other blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Caspette - I did not realize you could do that!! That's really cool. I'll have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use Google Reader to search too. It only takes a minute that way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you that it is a good feature. To save time, I actually started putting a link to Fyrefly's Book Blog Search Engine at the end of all my reviews. That way, people can search easily for other reviews from more than 1000 other book blogs. It might be something to consider!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would like to try to do that but I am still learning how to link. That is why it takes me so long to accept and nominate trying to find the link to other blogs. I am so HTML illiterate

    ReplyDelete
  7. It makes me so happy to see more people adopt this policy. It truly is a great way to build community and to support other bloggers. Once I have a bit more free time I'll have to see which reviews we have in common.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!