June 2, 2009

Fun Book Meme

I saw this Book Meme on Beth Fish Reads and liked it so much. What great questions! I want to fill it out, too. :)

1. What author do you own the most books by?

Definitely James Patterson. Next would be either John Grisham or Jodi Picoult.

2. What book do you own the most copies of?

I don't own more than one copy of any book.

3. Did it bother you that both those questions ended with prepositions?

I love questions that end in prepositions.

4. What fictional character are you secretly in love with?

Kit from When the Wind Blows by James Patterson

5. What book have you read the most times in your life?

The Poisonwood Bible

6. Favorite book as a ten year old?

The Babysitter's Club Special Edition #1

7. What is the worst book you’ve read in the past year?

I can't say it was the worst book ever written, but one of the hardest for me to like was Stumbling on Happiness by Daniel Gilbert.

8. What is the best book you’ve read in the past year?

Oh, so many. Life of Pi by Yann Martel, A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini, and Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert to start with.

9. If you could force everyone you know to read one book, what would it be?

Probably Orwell's 1984. I think everyone should read this book. That and To Kill a Mockingbird.

10. What book would you most like to see made into a movie?

The Maximum Ride series by James Patterson

11. What is the most difficult book you’ve ever read?

The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne, for a variety of reasons. Mostly because of the writing style.

12. What is your favorite book?

I could never narrow it down to just one. I have a list of my favorite books in my sidebar, towards the bottom of the page.

13. Play?

Probably Romeo & Juliet. Cliche, perhaps, but so far it is my favorite.

14. Poem?

The Raven by Edgar Allan Poe, though there are many poems I adore.

15. Essay?

The Love of Reading by Virginia Woolf

16. Who is the most overrated writer alive today?

Stephanie Meyer

17. What is your desert island book?

SAS Survival Handbook by John Lofty Wiseman

18. And . . . what are you reading right now?

Matrimony by Joshua Henkin (still, I know)

A Lucky Child: Surviving Aushwitz as a Young Boy by Thomas Buergenthal

The Angel Experiment by James Patterson


I'd love to see your answers to these questions! If you do fill out the meme, please come back here and leave me a comment with your post in it so I can see your answers!

15 comments:

  1. I filled out this questionnaire last night. I completely forgot about Stephenie Meyer when naming my most overrated. Must fix that.

    Here is mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so disagree about Stephenie Meyer!

    I did it too... here's mine: http://ultimatebookhound.blogspot.com/2009/06/fun-book-meme.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Stephanie Meyer. I was astounded when her books took off like they did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can read my answers at "A Reader's Blog. It was fun but I wanted to list more than just one book. In some cases I did.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had two of the same answers ... The Raven and Stephenie Meyer. :)

    http://webereading.com/2009/05/literary-notes-meme.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. My answers are up at http://imbookingit.wordpress.com/2009/06/02/fun-book-meme/

    Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Rebecca! I did the meme here: http://mardel-rabidreader.blogspot.com/
    and I loved your answers. I haven't read Stephanie Meyer yet, (probably won't) so I can't say anything about her, but people seem to love her, or hate her writing.
    Thanks for all the fun ideas and challenges!(not too gushy is it?)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think I could pick out just one book either. The book I've re-read the most is probably Little Women.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree about 1984 and To Kill a Mocking Bird!

    ReplyDelete
  10. bibliophile 23- Yours had many more questions on it. Hmm...

    NotNessie, booklogged- Everyone seems to have a strong opinion about Meyer. Either love her or hate her.

    Jennifer- Thank you!

    Nymeth- They rock, right?

    Booklogged, imbookingit, Mardel, NotNessie, Kristen- Thanks for sharing your answers with me! I went and read and commented on each. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Agreed about Stephenie Meyer :D

    http://balletbookworm.blogspot.com/2009/06/book-meme-its-making-rounds.html

    and you can't just pick one book (totally stole that line from a potato chip commercial)

    ReplyDelete
  12. A Thousand Splendid Suns is one of my favorite books too and I have Life of Pi in my TBR pile. I enjoyed reading your answers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I particularly love your answer to #17. Why didn't I think of that!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I filled it out, it was a perfect way to start my first entry in my brand new book blog :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!