June 5, 2009

Friday Finds: Five for Friday


Book: The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafron
Found @ Escape in a Book

Book: Scared: A Novel on the Edge of the World by Tom Davis
Found @ Books and Needlepoint

Book: Talking to the Dead by Bonnie Grove
Found @ Books and Needlepoint

Book: The Blue Notebook by James A. Levine
Found @ A High and Hidden Place


Book: 500 Great Books by Women by Erica Bauermeister, Jesse Larson, and Holly Smith
Found @ 1330v

What great books did you find this week?

6 comments:

  1. I loved Shadow of the Wind. I have Bluenote book in my stack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a review going up tomorrow for my recent re-read of Shadow of the Wind along with a giveaway of a copy of the ARC of Carlos Ruiz Zafon's second book, The Angel's Game.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had The Shadow in the Wind for ages and still haven't read it. I like the look of Talking to the Dead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shadow of the Wind is a book I read slowly, but enjoyed thoroughly, unusual for me (I'm a fast reader if I like something).

    I deeply hated The Blue Notebook. Of course it's not a book you're meant to like, but I couldn't find enough meaning in the suffering described because of the way it ends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've got some really good finds there Rebecca. I've got The Blue Notebook and I'd love to read Shadow of the Wind and Talking to the Dead.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shadow of the Wind has been sitting on my shelves for months now. I'll read it soon. Just need to make a dent in these library books.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!