June 2, 2009

Book Awards II Challenge Wrap-Up

The Book Awards II Challenge ended yesterday. I only finished half of the books for the challenge, but I enjoyed challenging myself just the same. Here is the list of books that I finished. For the whole list of 10, you can click here for the original post on the challenge.

1. The Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway (1953 Pulitzer Prize for Fiction)
2. The Glass Castle by Jeanette Walls (2006 Alex Award)
3. My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult (2005 Alex Award)
4. Life of Pi by Yann Martel (2002 Man Booker Prize)
5. Beloved by Toni Morrison (1987 Pulitzer Prize for Fiction)

I also tried to read Atonement by Ian McEwan, but could not get past the first half. I have put it aside to try again at a later time. The books I did get to finish will go on my list for the Book Awards III Challenge. :)

I think my favorite book I read for this challenge was My Sister's Keeper. I have become a big fan of Picoult's and now have several of her other novels in my TBR Pile.

Did you participate in the Book Awards II Challenge? How did you do? What was your favorite book read for the challenge?

6 comments:

  1. You read some good ones there Rebecca. I didn't join this challenge but I'm not doing so hot on the ones I did join. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For Atonement I couldn't get past page 70!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep hearing that people are struggling to read Atonement. I have it in my pile to read and keep moving it to the bottom! Well done on getting half way there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bombed on this challenge! I've decided that challenges aren't for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't get through this challenge either (8 of 10) - I tried Atonement too and couldn't get into it! Are you going to do the Book Awards III?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dar, bermudaonion- Thanks! It is good to know I am not the only one who has not finished a challenge!

    rhapsodyinbooks, Scrap girl- Thank you! I have heard so many great things about Atonement but not a lot about not being able to finish it. Good to know it wasn't just me!

    Kristi- I am seriously considering it. I haven't decided yet. What about you? Congrats on getting as far as you did! You were closer than I was!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!