June 25, 2009

Blog Awards


This is an award I had not seen much around but one that I am so excited to receive. I got it from the lovely Kaye from Pudgy Penguin Perusals. If you haven't been to her blog, shame on you, get over there! This "B-I-N-G-O" BEAUTIFUL BLOG AWARD means that this blog is...


B: Beautiful
I: Informative
N: Neighborly
G: Gorgeous
O: Outstanding

Here is what Kaye had to say about my blog. It was just so sweet that I had to share it: Rebecca of Lost in Books has an extremely informative blog. In fact she has a new feature called Take Me Away Saturday that is so well researched and interesting, I look forward to the next segment as soon as I read the current one. If you haven't read this feature, you are truly missing something unique. I love the maps she creates too showing the featured country and it's writers. Great job, Rebecca!

Here is how getting this award works:
Please look carefully at as many blogs as you can to find the top FIVE blogs that YOU think also exemplify these standards and pass it along to them. Please don't break this chain of FIVE! If you are someone who doesn't want awards or doesn't pass them on, please tell the person who is giving it so they can share it with someone who would want it. Thank you. Also, link your award to the person who gave it to you so when people link on the person's name or blog name, it will take them there to see that person's BINGO-RIFFIC BLOG.

It is always so hard to narrow down the fabulous list of blogs that I adore, but I have done what I can.

1. A High and Hidden Place

2. Find Your Next Book Here

3. Musings of a Bookish Kitty

4. Book Addiction

5. Confessions of a Bibliophile


Thank you again Bingo and Kaye!


I also have recently received this award from The Dangerous Pages Review!

This award is also a meme, but the rules are simple. If you accept it, you are supposed to list seven of your favorite things and nominate seven blogs that deserve this award. And of course copy the award to your site and link back to this post or my blog.

Here are 7 of my favorite things:

1. Taking walks in the park
2. Having my hair washed
3. Upbeat jams on a long car trip
4. Helping others
5. My 12-year-old cat, Kali. She's been there with me through everything.
6. Mint chocolate chip ice cream
7. Coca-Cola (I'm an addict.)

Here are the 7 blogs I nominate for this award/meme:

1. Ms. Bookish
2. Shannan Loves Books
3. Worducopia
4. 1330v
5. In the Shadow of Mt. TBR
6. Savvy Verse & Wit
7. Kiss a Cloud

16 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your awards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, thanks Rebecca! I so appreciate this! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Rebecca! I'll be a little scarce for the next few days, but once I'm settled in at the beach house, I'll post the award. Thanks again - and congrats for getting the awards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Rebecca! You deserve it!
    I love your 7 favorite things too :D
    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You certainly deserve it Rebecca! Now, to check out your nominees...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rebecca - congratulations on the award.

    I've posted the reading group for Girls in Trucks. I loved your poetry reviews. I've tried something new this month, I think it will be fun - you could keep your answer in poetry if you like ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much Rebecca! That is too sweet of you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You definitely deserve your awards. Thanks for the nomination!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats!!!! You deserve those awards.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much, Rebecca! You've probably noticed that I don't really announce or pass out awards these days, but I do appreciate them as much as ever. Always such a boost!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on the awards ... and thanks for thinking of me. I kind of gave up on recognizing or passing awards along as it takes up lots of time and I had to make a choice ... writing new content and/visiting blogs or remembering awards and passing them on so I guess I have to respectfully decline the award! The only thing I do now is acknowledge them via comments : ) It is really cute though and you are quite deserving!

    And I love mint chocolate chip ice cream too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on your awards! I know some of these wonderful bloggers but you've introduced me to some new to me ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much! That is so kind of you. You definitely are deserving of each and every award you've been given. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jenners- You're crazy, girlie! You still get it anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, thank you so much! I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!