June 5, 2009

The 48 Hour Book Challenge

I am participating this weekend in the 48 Hour Book Challenge hosted by Mother Reader. This is my first time participating in the challenge, so I am excited! I am hoping to do a lot better than I did with Dewey's Read-a-thon by reading more books and blogging more often.

I am not going to confine myself too much to particular books, but you can be sure that I will be making a dent in my Summer Reading List. Maybe I can finally finish Matrimony by Joshua Henkin. I've only been reading it for weeks now.

I am going to try to begin reading at 7 or 8am EST. So that will put my challenge ending at the same time on Sunday morning. I will be taking a little bit of a break on Saturday probably to spend time with my bf (since I've been sick, I haven't actually seen him in a couple of weeks), but that is allowed in this challenge. I am taking the more laid-back approach. So, I may not get a prize for the most hours spent reading, but I will still put in as much time as possible.

I am very excited to be participating in this challenge with some of my favorite bloggers, including (but certainly not limited to- just see the challenge sign-up page) Vasilly of 1330v, Shannan of Shannan Loves Books, Jules of Jules' Book Reviews (hopefully), Becky of One Literature Nut, Lenore of Presenting Lenore, and Cindy of Cindy Loves Books!

So continue to check my blog throught the weekend for updates from the challenge, short reviews, and on Sunday or Monday I will post the Challenge Summary! I will also be updating via Twitter. This will be fun!

8 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm glad to see another blogger I know who's doing that challenge! I'll be joining the fun too. I love my experience in my first read-a-thon so much, I couldn't let this one pass. I'll probably start reading in the afternoon or evening Friday; we have some friends coming for supper, but then I'll have all my time to read! :)

    Have you already planned what you want to read? I made a few choices in various genres and lengths, it should be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rebecca. I am so happy you are doing this, me too. Good luck. I will be popping on to cheer you on. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your readathon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the challenge. I would love to join in, but have a housefull of people who need entertaining. What I woudn't do for 48 hours to just read!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm debating about doing this. I would like to read as much as humanly possibly this weekend, but I don't really want to do a bunch of blog updating in the middle. I think I'll just lay in bed and read and make my husband do things around the house because I'm 39 weeks pregnant instead of because I'm doing a readathon - the result will be about the same.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've just coasted in from Cindy's blog where you posted a very funny comment about your dislike of cooking!

    Good luck with your challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with the challenge! I'll be thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!