June 7, 2009

The 48 Hour Book Challenge- #7

# Books Read: 2
Hours Spent Reading/Reviewing/Twittering/Commenting: 20

Books Finished:

The Funny Thing Is...
by Ellen DeGeneres (177 pages)
Simple Taoism by C. Alexander and Annellen Simpkins (159 pages)

Books Started:
A is for Alibi by Sue Grafton (on pg. 53 of 214)
The Tale of Genji by Lady Murasaki (on pg. 16 of 190)
The Angel Experiment by James Patterson (on pg. 46 of 440)

Total Pages Read:
451

Other Comments:

I am excited to have finished two books. I did not finish any books during Dewey's Read-a-thon. I think Ellen's book was my favorite, simply because it had me laughing. I am letting my sister read the book now. I recommend it to anyone who likes Ellen and who needs a laugh. I found it even more amusing when I imagined her saying these things, using her voice. Simple Taoism finishes up the Spiritually Speaking Challenge for me. Yay! It was an interesting book and I learned a lot about yin and yang, meditation, tai chi chuan, and other Taoist concepts and how to apply them to my daily life.

I will write up good reviews of these two books this week, as well as a review for Girls in Trucks by Katie Crouch that I haven't gotten around to writing. I didn't get to put up the Take Me Away Saturday post, so look for that next weekend, too!

I hope you had fun with the challenge!

9 comments:

  1. Congrats on the two books Rebecca. I've got 3.5 hours left and I've read 2 books, and started my third. I don't expect to finish it. I laughed to read your comment about a 'snail reading pace'. I always thought I was a pretty fast reader till I realize how fast some of the other bloggers read. Boggles my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Ellen so her book sounds like something that I would totally love to read!!! Great job on the 48 read fest!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GREAT job!!

    I look forward to reading the reviews later this week.

    Now, catch up on some sleep :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, everyone! I will be posting the review on Ellen's book tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job! :)

    I'm looking forward to your review on Ellen's book. I've been wanting to read this; I love Ellen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had a great weekend! Looking forward to your reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great reading! Don't forget to sign in on the Finish Line post at MotherReader. Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you had a successful read-a-thon - congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!