June 7, 2009

The 48 Hour Book Challenge- #6

It is hour 44 now and here are the stats for my reading:

Books Read: 2
Pages Read: 426
Books Finished: The Funny Thing Is...by Ellen DeGeneres and Simple Taoism by C. Alexander and Annellen Simpkins
Books Reading Now: A is for Alibi by Sue Grafton and A Tale for Genji by Lady Murasaki
Major Distractions So Far: Helping mom move her desktop computer to new room and setting it up; two cousins coming in an hour today to move some heavy furniture; spent two hours watching a movie with my mom.

So far, though, I am excited I finished two books, which are two more than I finished with the Read-a-thon. I learned a lot of lessons from the Read-a-thon that have helped me during this challenge, like pick smaller books so you feel a sense of accomplishment even if you are reading the same number of pages.

How are you doing so far in the challenge? For those of you who did not take the challenge, do you think you will next time?

6 comments:

  1. Ooh! This sounds like a dangerously fun challenge. Maybe I'll try it on my own this summer after teaching (FINALLY) ends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tale of Genji is something I've always wanted to read. Are you reading a graphic novel version?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should have done this. I have been home sick all weekend just reading. I have finished three books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree Rebecca...we're both doing great. :) I thought I'd stay up last night, but woke up around midnight with a book crunched under me!!! Now I'm up, after a 10 hour sleep, and will hit my last four hours with gusto! Good luck to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kate- It is a fun challenge. I will probably do it next time, too.

    heidenkind- No, I am reading the Dover Thrift Edition. It is an easy to understand translation. I recommend it.

    Mari- It was like you were participating! You finished more books than I did!

    mjmbecky- Yeah I had plenty of distractions, too. You're doing good, though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am doing the challenge. It is my first challenge like this and I am enjoying. I am going to take your advice for the next time I do something like this. Pick lighter, smaller material to read.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!