May 24, 2009

What's in a Name?

As some of you know, I was musing this morning on Twitter about how many of us book bloggers share our name with another book blogger, or maybe more! I decided to make a little list to see how many were out there. Well, the little list turned out to be quite the project! I worked on it all afternoon! I tried to make sure I included everyone and I linked to everyone's sites. Please visit these book bloggers and see why we keep going back. Feel free to help me out if I missed someone! Can't find your name here? Check out- At Least My Name's Unique. :-)
*Thanks to galleysmith for the creative title!
Last Updated: June 6, 2009

BOOK BLOGGERS SHARING NAMES

1. Kathy of Bermudaonion's Weblog shares her name with
-Cathy of Kittling: Books
-Katherine of A Girl Walks into a Bookstore
-Kathy of The Brain Lair
-Cath of Read_Warbler
-Kathrin of Sweet Dreamworld of a Bookaholic
-Kathy of Callista's Ramblings
-Catherine of On the Nightstand

2. Jenn of Jenn's Bookshelf shares her name with
-Jennifer of Find Your Next Book Here
-Jennifer of Literate Housewife
-Jen of Devourer of Books
-Jenny of Jenny's Books
-Jennifer of Book Club Girl
-Jen Clair of A Garden Carried in the Pocket (Thanks Ana/Nymeth!)
-Jenny of Wondrous Reads

3. Rebecca - I share my name with
-Rebecca of The Book Lady's Blog
-Becca at Bookstack
-Becky (mjmbecky) of One Literature Nut...
-Rebeca of Alvah's Books
-Rebecca of Rebecca Reads (Thanks Natasha/Maw Books!)
-Becky of Becky's Book Reviews
-Becky of In the Pages (Thanks Becky/Becky's Book Reviews!)
-Rebecca of Just One More Page
-Rebecca of Everything to Do with Books
-Rebecca of Rebecca's Book Blog

4. Amy of My Friend Amy shares her name with
-Amy of Sleepy Reader
-Amy of Passages to the Past
-Amy of The Joy of Reading
-Aimee of A Book Dork

5. Sheri of A Novel Menagerie shares her name with
-Sheri of Bookopolis
-Sherri of Sherri's Reading Jubilee (Thanks Suzi!)

6. Heather of Book Addiction shares her name with
-Heather of Age 30+...a Lifetime of Books
-Heather of A High and Hidden Place
-Heather of The Library Ladder

7. Elizabeth of as usual...I need more bookshelves shares her name (kind of) with
-Bethany of Dreadlock Girl
-Bethanne of The Book Maven
-Bethany of Beth's Hobbies
-Lizzy of Cornucopia of Reviews
-Elizabeth of An Adventure in Reading

8. Natasha of Maw Books Blog shares her name with
-Natasha aka Vasilly of 1330v
-Tasha of Heidenkind's Hideaway
-Tasha of And Another Book Read

9. Chris of book-a-rama shares her name with
-Chris of Stuff as Dreams are Made On
-Christina of Reading Through the Night
-Christina of Jackets and Covers (Thanks Christina!)
-Christine of She Reads Books

10. Carrie of Books and Movies shares her name with
-Kerri of Book Ends
-Care of Care's Online Book Club
-Carey of The Tome Traveller's Weblog (Thanks Kathy/Bermudaonion!)
-Carrie of Carrie's YA Bookshelf

11. Kristi of Books and Needlepoint shares her name with
-Kristi of Passion for the Page
-Kristina of Kristina's Favorites
-Kristi of The Story Siren
-Kristi of Ramblings on Romance, etc. (Thanks Natasha/heidenkind!)
-Kristen of Book Club Classics
-Kristen of We Be Reading
-Krista of Tower of Books
-Kristen of BookNAround (Thanks Kristen!)

12. Lisa of Books on the Brain shares her name with
-Lisa of Books Lists Life
-LisaMay of Look at That Book
-Lisa of Books and Cooks
-Lisa of Books Ahoy!
-Lesa of Lesa's Book Critiques (Thanks Molly/Crazy Book Nook!)

13. Wendy of caribousmom shares her name with
-Wendi of Wendi's Book Corner
-Wendy (aka Literary Feline) of Musings of a Bookish Kitty
-Wendy of We Read (Thanks Wendy/Literary Feline!)

14. Shelly of Write for a Reader shares her name with
-Shelley of ChainReading

15. Trish of Hey Lady, Whatcha Reading? shares her name with
-Trish of Trish's Reading Nook
-Tricia of Library Queue
-Trisha of Trisha's Blog

16. J. Kaye of J. Kaye's Book Blog shares her name with
-Kay of Kay's Bookshelf
-Kaye of Pudgy Penguin Perusals
-Kaye of Pretentious Reader
-Kay of The Infinite Shelf NEW!
-Kaye of The Road Goes Ever Ever On (Thanks Kaye/Pudgy Penguin Perusals!) NEW!

17. Melissa of Melissa's Bookshelf shares her name with
-Melissa of Scuffed slippers and wormy books
-Melissa of Book Nut (Thanks Kathy/Callista!)
-Melissa of Shh I'm Reading (Thanks Avis!)

18. Megan of Posey Sessions shares her name with
-Meg of Write Meg!
-Meghan of Medieval Bookworm (Thanks, Kathy/Bermudaonion!)

19. Matthew of Falling Stacks shares his name with
-Matthew of A Guy's Moleskine Notebook

20. Debbie of Deb's Desk shares her name with
-Debi of DeSeRt RoSe BoOkLoGuE
-Deb of Devanson Reads
-Debi of The Twiga Blog
-Debi of Nothing of Importance
-Deborah of Books, Movies, & Chinese Food (Thanks Deborah!)
-Debbie of Friday Friends Book Blog
-Debbie of Wrighty's Reads (Thanks Kaye/Pudgy Penguin Perusals!) NEW!
-Debbie of Genre Reviews and Different Time, Different Places (Thanks Debbie/Genre Reviews!) NEW!

21. Susie of My Guilty Pleasures shares her name with
-Suzi of Whimpulsive
-Susan of Reading Upside Down
-Susan of You Can Never Have Too Many Books
-Susan of The Book Chook
-Susan of Black-Eyed Susan's (Thanks Ali! I can't believe I didn't get her!)

22. Eva of A Striped Armchair shares her name with
-Eva of Eva's Book Addiction

23. Jaime of Confessions of a Bibliophile shares her name with
-Jaimie of Bell Literary Reflections

24. Staci of Life in the Thumb shares her name with
-Stacy of Book Gypsy

24. Gail of Ticket to Anywhere shares her name with
-Gayle of Everyday I Write the Book

25. Jules of Jules' Book Reviews shares her name with
- Julie of Booking Mama
-Jules (and Eisha!) of Seven Impossible Things Before Breakfast

26. Ali of Worducopia shares her name with
-Alison of So Many Books, So Little Time
-Alli of Books Fall Open

27. Stephanie of Written Word shares her name with
-Steph of The Kea
-Stephanie of Confessions of a Bookaholic
-Steph of Steph & Tony Investigate!
-Steph of Reviewer X (Thanks BethFishReads!)

28. Ana (aka Nymeth) of Things Mean a Lot
-Ana of Aneca's World
-Anna of Diary of an Eccentric
-Annie of Reading is My Superpower
-Annie of Words by Annie (Thanks Nymeth!) NEW!

29. removed as a duplicate

30. Michelle of Michelle's Reading Room shares her name with
-Michelle of Fluttering Butterflies
-Michelle of Galley Smith
-Michele of Reader's Respite

31. Jessica of The Bluestocking Society shares her name with
-Jessica of Books Love Jessica Marie
-Jessica of Find the Time to Read (Thanks to Drea!)

32. Colleen of Bookphilia.com shares her name with
-Colleen of Foreign Circus Library

33. Jill of The Well Read Child shares her name with
-Jill of Under the Dresser
-Jill of Fizzy Thoughts (Thanks Jill/Fizzy Thoughts!)
-Jill of Reading is Bliss
-Jill of Rhapsody in Books (Thanks Jill/Rhapsody in Books!) NEW!

34. Molly of My Cozy Book Nook shares her name with
-Molly of Bookhopping

35. Margaret (aka Meg) of Literary Menagerie shares her name with
-Maggie of Maggie Reads
-Marg of Reading Adventures
-Margaret of Creative Madness (Thanks Ruth/Bookish Ruth!)
-Maggie of Bean Bag Books
-Margaret of BooksPlease (Thanks Avis!)

36. Kim of Good Clean Reads shares her name with
-Kim of Bold. Blue. Adventure.
-Kim of Page After Page (Thanks Natasha/Maw Books!)
-Kim of Sophisticated Dorkiness (Thanks Kathy/Bermudaonion!)


37. Ruth of Bookish Ruth shares her name with
-Ruth of Booktalk & More (Thanks Natasha/heidenkind!)
-Ruth of Books, Books, and More Books! (Thanks Ruth/Bookish Ruth!)


38. Kate of Kate's Book Blog shares her name with
-Katiebabs of Babbling about Books, and More (Thanks Natasha/heidenkind!)
-Kati of Katidom (Thanks Natasha/heidenkind!)
-Kate of Read This Book!
-Katie of Katie's Bookshelf

39. Joy of Joy's Blog shares her name with
-Joy of Thoughts of Joy (Thanks Chris/book-a-rama!)

40. Andrea (aka Drea) of Book Blather shares her name with
-Andrea of The Little Bookworm (Thanks Drea!)
-Andrea of Andrea's Book Nook (Thanks Drea!)
-Andi of Tripping Toward Lucidity
-Andrea of So Many Books, So Little Time

41. Sarah Pussreboots shares her name with
-Sarah of Sarah's Young Adult Book Blog (Thanks Sarah/Pussreboots!)
-Sarah of Sarah's Books Used and Rare
-Sarah of Reading, Writing, Musing...
-Sarah of Green Bean Teen Queen (Thanks to Kathy/Callista's Ramblings!)
-Sarah of Rain on the Roof
-Sarah of Sarah's Random Musings
-Sarah of Behold, the thing that reads
-Sara of Princess Sara's Library (Thanks to Kathy/Callista's Ramblings!)

42. Gwen of A Sea of Books shares her name with
-Gwen of Literary License (Thanks Gwen/A Sea of Books!)

43. Robin of A Fondness for Reading shares her name with
-Robin of My Two Blessings (Thanks Ana/Nymeth!)

44. Laura of I'm Booking It shares her name with
-Laura of Laura's Reviews (Thanks Laura/I'm Booking It!)
-Laura of Reading Reflections (Thanks Laura/I'm Booking It!)

45. Claire of kiss a cloud shares her name with
-Claire of Paperback Reader (Thanks Claire/kiss a cloud!)

46. Melanie of The Indextrious Reader shares her name with
-Melanie of Roughing It In The Books (Thanks Melanie/Indextrious Reader!)
-Melanie of Cynical Optimism (Thanks Melanie/Indextrious Reader!)
-Melanie of The Scrapping Librarian (Thanks Melanie/Indextrious Reader!)
-Melanie of Melanie's Musings

47. Marie of The Boston Bibliophile shares her name with
-Marie of The Burton Review
-Mari of MariReads (Thanks Claire/kiss a cloud!)

48. Kelly of The Chic Geek shares her name with
-Kelly of YAnnabe
-Kelly of The Written World (Thanks Ana/Nymeth!)

49. Diane of Bibliophile by the Sea shares her name (sort of) with
-Diana of Reading is Sexy

50. Danielle of Work in Progress shares her name with
-Danielle of The Book Blogger

51. Amber of Just Your Typical Book Blog shares her name with
-Amber of Must and Lust for Books

52. Lauren of Lauren's Crammed Bookshelf shares her name with
-Lauren of Gimme More Books!

52. Sandra of Fresh Ink Books shares her name with
-Sandy of You've Gotta Read This! (Thanks Candace/BethFishReads!)

53. David of Large Hearted Boy shares his name with
-David of From My Bookshelf (Thanks Gail/Irish!)

54. Tina of Tutu's Two Cents shares her name with
-Ti of Book Chatter (Thanks for the help, Avis!)
-Tina of Bookshipper (Thanks Avis!)

55. Vanessa of Book Soulmates shares her name with
-Vanessa of Today's Adventure (Thanks Vanessa/Today's Adventure!)


Please visit these wonderful book bloggers! I'm still adding blogs so check back for more!

64 comments:

  1. What a great project. Now I have more sites to visit in one shot. Thank you for doing this and including me.

    Rebeca of Alvahs Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great list! Thanks for putting it together - and even more fun, I see some blogs that aren't in my Google Reader yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That is an impressive list! There is also Rebecca at Rebecca Reads. I haven't heard of this other Tasha. I'm off to investigate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, how did you find us all? Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that's a lot of shared names. As far as I know, the only person who's got a similar name to me is Shana of Literarily. But I don't know how she pronounces her name...

    ReplyDelete
  6. what? no more Maries? :-) thanks for doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Only 3 Natashas! I thought there would be more of me. ;) LOL

    Hmm, what about Ruth? I know there's Bookish Ruth and Ruth from Booktalk and More (http://booktalkandmore.blogspot.com/ --I'm too lazy to imbed the link at the moment).

    Katie is another name that seems really popular--Katiebabs from http://kbgbabbles.blogspot.com/ and Kati from http://031771.blogspot.com/.

    Also, one other Kristi: Kristie J. from http://kristiej.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha! No Bonnie besides me! :) Awesome list.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very impressive list. There sure are a lot of shared names! Now I'm going to have to keep my eyes out for another Andrea, lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks! It is so fun to find new book blogs, isn't it?

    Marie- I was surprised there weren't more Marie's too!

    Heidenkind- Thanks for those! I will put them on the post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha! I made the list! I think there is a Christina book blogger too. It's slipped my mind though. Thanks for making the list!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This was so much fun! I'm not surprised there are so many with my name - I've dealt with it all my life. What a lot of work this was for you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, what a list! Thanks for including me and giving me more blogs to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This was fun! Thanks for putting this together so we could all have a look at who else shares our name. By the way...glad we share the same name, even with different spellings! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is actually really helpful--there are a couple of bloggers I've been getting mixed up because they have the same name and I don't go to their blogs often enough to keep them apart.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome job! I have favorite placed this post as a reference.

    Thanks so much for all your hard work on this project

    ReplyDelete
  17. There's Gwen from Literary License. And me, Gwendolyn B. from A Sea of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great project!

    I'm another Christina, although you can add me under Chris if you'd like.

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is a very cool list!! Can't imagine how much time that took you Rebecca!!! I'm going to bookmark this page so that I can visit the other bloggers that I haven't been to yet!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Neat post! I get confused on the stephs' all the time..Seeing how there's only about 2, that's quite a feat! :-D I'm abnormally forgetful..
    -amy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, I didn't know that there were that many cross over names.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is fun to look through -- I've noticed this phenomenon as well! Besides me (at The Indextrious Reader), there are more Melanies at:

    Roughing it in the BooksCynical OptimismThe Scrapping Librarian

    ReplyDelete
  23. PS - don't know why those 3 blog names decided to all squish together -- they are 3 separate blogs. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I did see some of this -- as a new Twitterer! I can't believe all the work that must have gone into this post!!! Yikes!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow - This is amazing! I was just thinking about trying to start a list of those blogs I follow with the persons name - then when I get a tweet from someone (like yours) I don't have to run to try to find the name! I recognized your pic and the name of the blog - but didn't immediately come up with Rebecca! There are also many blogs on here that I am not familiar with. I will definitely be visiting this page alot! Thanks for all the hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow - this must have taken you forever to put together! Thanks for including me. :) And I see some bloggers that I hadn't visited before, so thank you, I will definitely have to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  27. That is quitet the list. I am shocked that there is no other Cindy's blogging. Interesting. I will be checking out some of the blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Another Jill checking in...although I better be the only softdrink. :-D

    -Jill at Fizzy Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a great post, Rebecca!

    I recently found my namesake at Paperback Reader.

    Also, there's another Steph at Steph and Tony Investigate!They're two of my fave blogs. Now I'll have to visit these others that I'm not familiar with. :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. OK, I want to be included too :-).

    (It's hard to search for a blogger by name. I'm amazed what you came up with on your own. There are a lot of authors named Laura.)

    I went out looking, and found Laura at http://laurareviews.blogspot.com/ and another one at http://www.laurasreadingreflections.blogspot.com/

    I'm Laura at http://imbookingit.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a great list! ^_^

    I am actually surprised there are only 3 Jessicas.... I know sooooo many lol

    ReplyDelete
  32. Such a great post!! I love it .. it gives me a chance to discover and visit new blogs :) YIPPEE!!!
    Thanks for your efforts Rebecca :D

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thank you for all your hard work! This is fun :D I have another Jen for you: A Garden Carried in the Pocket.

    And what about Robins? There's A Fondness for Reading and My Two Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Great post. Glad to see Im an individual LOL

    ReplyDelete
  35. What a great compilation ... it may keep growing and growing! No other Dawns out there? That's how it was when I was in school, too ... never any of those personalized bike license plates with my name on them!

    Here's another Jill. aka softdrink at Fizzy Thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Steph (Reviewer X) http://reviewerx.blogspot.com/

    And I see the Robins were already mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Oh and I forgot to say that this is an awesome list and a great way to discover new blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Wow, what a great list (and idea, yay you!) I'm going to fill out my Google Reader!

    ReplyDelete
  39. What a great post!! And I agree with everyone, a great way to find some new book blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Wow! That's impressive. I'm going to have to come back later to check out some of the blogs on this and your other list.

    ReplyDelete
  41. There's also Mari of MariReads. :D

    ReplyDelete
  42. Another Trisha go to and check out. Thanks for the list, and for including me!

    ReplyDelete
  43. WOW! What an impressive undertaking! Thanks for putting this list together. But I'm glad I'm on the other one! It's fun being the only Tonya (as far as I know).

    ReplyDelete
  44. Thanks so much for the link, and thanks for putting together this great list!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Great list! Here are a couple more:

    Melissa at Shhh I'm ReadingMargaret at BooksPleaseNote that you have the Marie's listed twice!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Hmm, I don't know why it bunched up my comment like that!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Thank you to everyone who has left links for me to add on to the list! It is hard for one person to find everyone, and inevitably you forget someone. And better yet, there are lots of new-to-me blogs to check out! (My Google Reader overrunneth.)

    Avisannschild- Thanks for noticing about the Marie's! I fixed it.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Wow, this is great! I'm happy to be included with my name group, even if we are a little unusual. =)

    ReplyDelete
  49. Wow. Guess it's a good thing I went with Ms. Yingling, although Karen would have been safe, too. I will definitely use this list as a tour guide to visiting blogs. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  50. I can't believe I forgot her until now! There's also Annie at Words by Annie.

    ReplyDelete
  51. And, of course, there's me:

    Debbie of Genre Reviews (http://genrereviews.blogspot.com/) and Different Times, Different Places (http://differenttimedifferentplace.blogspot.com/).

    ReplyDelete
  52. There's me, Jill, of Rhapsody in Books

    http://rhapsodyinbooks.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  53. This is a fabulous list. Thank you for all the hard work you put in on this. I know there is another kaye out there. Her blog is titled The road goes ever ever on and can be found here
    Another Debbie is from Wrighty's Reads and her site can be found here

    ReplyDelete
  54. These are great posts! I've got to bookmark them so I can come back and check out some new blogs :-)

    ReplyDelete
  55. What a great idea! Thanks to Claire for giving you my name. I would have thought I would have been in the Unique. There are not many Mari's out there. :)
    I do know there is another, however, since I have seen the name on comments at other blogs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  56. that's an amazing list, and I want to be on it too!
    I don't use my first name a lot, but you can add me to the Elizabeth list. http://raidergirl3-anadventureinreading.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  57. I just found this today randomly, but very cool. It was fun to read through all the different names.

    ReplyDelete
  58. Wow, cool list.
    I know another Amy at --
    http://addictedtobooks1993.blogspot.com/
    Shelley -- http://bookfanaticblog.blogspot.com/
    Jessica -- http://abookloversdiary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!