May 26, 2009

Teaser Tuesdays - Girls in Trucks

TEASER TUESDAYS asks you to:

Grab your current read. Let the book fall open to a random page.
Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.

You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!

Please avoid spoilers!

My teasers this week come from the book Girls in Trucks by Katie Crouch, which I just started:

"The Camellias have a saying about courting: men are pots. For the best meal, keep all the burners going on your stove. My mother says it all the time; she said it when I broke up with Max and when I came alone to my sister's wedding. Keep the burners going. More pots, more pots. I've never asked her exactly what she means by this, but I'm guessing the meal that ends up on your table is a husband, warm and big and ready to eat."


8 comments:

  1. I could have him call her. She might tell himthings she's been holding on for decades, things she might not even remembersoo that she wants to say, thanks to the insidious disease that's stalking its way through her brain.

    From "The World In Half" by Cristina Henriquez

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved that!! I guess I didn't keep enough pots on the stove with my first marriage!! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rebecca - Girls in Trucks is going to be our online book club discussion choice for June. You'll have to participate - we get some great discussions going. I typically post the questions at the end of the month, but I'll let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good teaser!! I have this one on my TBR and I'm looking forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great teaser! I have this book on my tbr shelf. From that teaser, I think I'll like the book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great teaser! This sounds like a good book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Literary Feline, Beth F, Dar, avisannschild- Thank you! I read almost half of the book last night (unheard of for me, I assure you). It is a good read and a nice break from my usual more literary fare.

    Beverly- I have The World in Half on my TBR list. I can't wait to read it.

    Staci- Yeah, it's a lesson I am still learning myself, or not learning, whichever. lol

    Kerri- Oh how fun! Let me know the details! Keep me posted! You know I'm all ADD and will forget, lol. But I want to participate. I haven't done a discussion before!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!