May 5, 2009

Teaser Tuesday- Atonement

TEASER TUESDAYS asks you to:

Grab your current read. Let the book fall open to a random page.

Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.

You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!

Please avoid spoilers!

My teasers this week come from the book Atonement by Ian McEwan, which I may be the last person to read. :)

"The impulse, the flash of malice, the infantile destructiveness he could understand. The wonder was the depth of the girl's rancor, her persistence with a story that saw him all the way to Wandsworth Prison."

6 comments:

  1. You're not the last one! I still haven't gotten my hands on anything written by McEwan, though he is on my TBR longlist. That's a great teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're not the last one. I am not a McEwan fan, so I won't be reading it at all. Good teaser tho.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect teaser for that book! That's the thesis of the whole story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your not the last one I have not read it yet. I have only seen the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome, I'm not the only one! :D I haven't seen the movie yet. I am holding out to read the book first. This is my first McEwan novel, so I will see if I am a fan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not only have I not yet read the book, I did the unthinkable - I saw the movie before reading the novel! (really, unheard of for me!)

    Good teaser ... I have to "forget" the movie before I go for the book.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!