May 12, 2009

The Quote Game- Sound in Books


Welcome to this week's Quote Game. The topic for this week is Sound (noise, commotion, doorbell ring, rooster's call, whatever). Please leave a comment with your quote(s) on sisters.

If you need to look at how to play the game, click here
.
Here is the quote that I left with you last week:
"How silver-sweet sound lovers' tongues by night,Like softest music to attending ears!"-from Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet

Next week's topic to look for in your reading is Quotes from Books That Are Also Movies. Here is a quote to get you started for next week:

"What came first – the music or the misery? Did I listen to music because I was miserable? Or was I miserable because I listened to music?" -from High Fidelity by Nick Hornby, movie starring John Cusack

2 comments:

  1. My quote this week is from my current read "Uglies" by Scott Westerfeld. Even though I haven't read YA since I fit the category, I've seen so much about the series I couldn't resist.

    "An explosion of sound came from her right, and she leaped back into the darkness, stumbling among the vines, coming down hard on her knees in the soft earth, certain for a few seconds that she'd been caught. But the cacophony organized itself into a throbbing rhythm. It was a drum machine making its lumbering way down the street. Wide as a house, it shimmered with the movement of its dozens of mechanical arms, bashing away at every size of drum." (Page 9)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic quote, Kerri! Thank you for playing this week! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!