May 25, 2009

Musing Mondays

Today’s MUSING MONDAYS post is about gift certificates…

Do you give gift certificates to book stores as presents? If so, do you give for actual stores or online stores? Do you like to receive them yourself?

Are you kidding me?!? I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT! Did I mention I love it?

There are not many presents better than a gift card to a bookstore, in my opinion. I would rush out the day I got it and buy something!

As far as giving them to other people, if I know they love reading and books, then I absolutely will. Or if you know they want a specific book, you can get them that. I have never purchased one that was for an online store only, although I wouldn't rule it out.

8 comments:

  1. Me too! I love gift certificates. I always laugh at people when they ask me what I want and I say gift certificates. They say that it isn't a gift. Are they crazy! Of course it is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, love gift certificates too! It's the best gift IMO. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love receiving gift cards too. I like to give gift cards as gifts--it's very convenient, especially since I live far away from most of my family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I were going to receive any gift, this is totally what it would be. I don't really give them to others, though, except my dad and step-dad if I can't think of a specific book to get them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of my alltime favorite gifts to receive is a gift card to Borders {the closest bookstore to me} My husband even gives those to me for my birthday. I especially love it now that I have less money to play with. So whenever I can I will give a book giftcard to people that I know love to read. We have a lot of readers in my family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've actually never thought of giving or wishing for a book GC :S
    But now I definitely put it on my own wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love getting gift certificates for books!
    My family thought that I was just being lazy telling them I wanted gift certificates for books, but now they have accepted this is what I really want and so do.
    If I know the person is an avid reader, then I will give them a book gift certificates.

    And yes, I like and give gift certificates for online stores.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, I agree, I would love to get GC's to book stores however no one in my family has taken any hints yet as to what my favorite gift ever could be. Go figure!
    With giving GC's I am like you as well. if I know they love reading and the money won't be wasted I do give them the certificate but other wise I stay clear of giving this gift.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!