May 11, 2009

Musing Mondays- What about re-reads?

Have you ever finished a book, then turned around and immediately re-read it? Why? What book(s)?


I have only one book that I have re-read as an adult and that is The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver. This, obviously, is one of my favorite books. The reason I wanted to re-read it is because it was so good the first time and I was beginning to forget some parts of the story. I re-read it and loved it again.

I noticed recently that I have forgotten parts of two other favorite books, 1984 by George Orwell, and The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald. I think these will be on my list to re-read again soon, too.

4 comments:

  1. Those are a few of my favorites too. I have reread Poisonwood Bible and Great Gatsby, and will probably reread 1984 someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not re-read a book immediately after having read it for the first time but I do have a book that I love so much I have read it three times now. It's Les Miserables. I love the writing, the plot, the characters. Everything about this book.
    I own The Poisonwood Bible but haven't read it yet, I must do it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I re-read my favorite books, like The Master and Margarita, The Name of the Rose, Beloved. But I rarely re-read something I just finished, unless I don't understand what I'm reading

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are two books this year I entirely re-read straight away: Annie Dillard's The Maytrees and The Road by Cormac McCarthy. The Maytrees because the writing is so intense and poetic that I just needed some more... and The Road because I probably didn't expect it to be so full of hope and light. I had to read it again with that idea in mind. Extraordinary experience.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!