May 4, 2009

Musing Mondays


How many books (roughly) are in your tbr pile? Is this in increasing number or does it stay stable? Do you ever experience tbr anxiety in the face of this pile?


Mt. TBR is out of control! The pile/list is ever-increasing and, as anyone who reads my blog knows, I add to it much faster than I remove from it.

In fact, I made a separate blog just for Mt. TBR where it shines in all of its weighed-down glory! Check the TBR list here. I separated the books by genre. Yes, it is that big.

I also made a list of books I have finished reading, which you can find here.

I have never felt apprehensive about the number of books in the pile. Reading a lot is still new to me and I have a wide variety of interests, so my TBR pile grows because of this, too. I don't have just a certain genre I concentrate on. I like fiction and nonfiction, academic reading all the way through to the occassional fluff book, and I read a lot of blogs which tell me of even more books I need to read. Actually, I think the reverse is true for me. I think if Mt. TBR ever dwindled down too low I would become anxious. I always need to have something available to read. Right now, I am set for a good while, though.

8 comments:

  1. Now that is a looong TBR list! Lol. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to show that list to my hubby so he won't give me grief about my TBR pile anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My TBR is at least 180 and might be over 200 by now. And it continues to grow as I guy several books at once and get more before I finish the last pile. I did just read one from the tbr pile last weekend, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I try to pile too high and leave some books on the list. But I don't feel anxious about the growing pile because that's just the life of a reader. It's work in progress. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My TBR shelves are my comfort -- I fiddle with them every day, just anticipating what to read next. According to my LibraryThing tag system, there are 906 books currently on my TBR shelves.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Claire- I know, right!

    Bermudaonion- That should get him off your back! ;)

    writtenwyrdd- I have been reading off of my TBR list as well. I haven't counted them all, I have to say.

    Matt- Exactly. A work in progress. Bookaholics will always have a pile, right?

    Rose City Reader- I know that sometimes the anticipation of the next book is as much fun as reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with you ... you can never have too many books waiting to be read ... though my husband would totally disagree with me! And I like a wide variety to pick from too -- you never know what mood you'll be in next!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought I had a large TBR pile, until I saw your post. Wow. I love that you have them alphabetized, categorized and in lists. I love that. The inner OCD (that exists in my head) that keeps trying to come out applauds your lists. Your variety shames my TBR pile. Have you actually counted your TBR list? You must have more than 500 books there (am I close?). My TBR pile is close to 100 and is mostly in one genre. My TBR pile is also in three different areas (not including any unpacked boxes from our recent move). Just in my bedroom I have around 50 books. In a shelf in the garage is another 40 or 50 books (of my less interesting TBR books). I have no idea when I'll get through these books, but I am tempted to categorize, alphabetize and count them, then type a list. The only thing stopping me right now is my chronic pain, it holds me back from obsessing over things like this. I'm definitely impressed! And I also keep adding to my pile, because new books keep coming out, and they look so promising!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!