May 29, 2009

Friday Finds: My Stack Runneth Over

This week my TBR list exploded! You all are reading such fascinating books and I am so excited about them! Here are some books I am now coveting. Click on the blog name where I discovered the book to read all about the book and its review! (P.S. Some of these book covers are gorgeous, aren't they?)

Strangers by Anita Brookner
Found @ kiss a cloud

Undiscovered Gyrl by Allison Burnett
Found @ Stuff As Dreams Were Made On

Voodoo Season by Jewell Parker Rhodes
Found @ Stuff as Dreams Are Made On...


Wide Sargasso Sea by Jean Rhys
Found @ Wonders and Marvels



Precious by Sandra Novack
Found @ Book Addiction
(I think I've gotten the most Friday Finds from Heather!)

The Disobedient Girl by Ru Freeman
Found @ Bibliophile By the Sea


More Than Just Race by William Julius Wilson
Found @ Nonsuch Book


Losing Kei by Suzanne Kamata
Found @ Maw Books Blog


The Moment Between by Nicole Baart
Found @ Book Critiques

A Gift from Brittany by Marjorie Price
Found @ my cozy book nook

Cut by Patricia McCormick (same author as Sold)
Found @ Book Addiction
(See yet another book thanks to Heather! ;))
The Last Dickens by Matthew Pearl
Found @ Nonsuch Book
The Boat by Nam Le
Found @ Reading Adventures


The Consequences of Love by Sulaiman Addonia
Found @ Bibliophile By the Sea


Who Do You Think You Are?: A Memoir by Alyse Myers
Found @ Bookopolis


Bronx Masquerade by Nikki Grimes
Found @ Po(sey) Sessions

The Accidental Bestseller by Wendy Wax
Found @ J. Kaye's Book Blog and @ Melody's Reading Corner

Prayers for Sale by Sandra Dallas
Found @ Bibliophile By the Sea


A Single Shard by Linda Sue Park
Found @ ChainReading

Painting the Invisible Man by Rita Schiano
Found @ Missy's Book Nook
(To read Missy's review is enough reason to go visit her in and of itself.)

13 comments:

  1. Wowsa, that's a lot of books! Is The Last Dickens that book that's about the Staplehurst Train accident--kind of like Drood?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite a list you got there, Rebecca! I agree, there's some gorgeous covers among your finds!

    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have Prayers for Sale. I've read it already so if you would like me to send it along to you, just e-mail me and I can get it out to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Rebecca that is some list! Instead of adding them to my TBR I think I will just add a link to your post! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Voodoo season sounds fab. I will add that to my list. What a list to keep you busy, but it is lovely to find good books.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome list of books. You may be busy reading, but at least you'll be having fun. Thanks for sharing, I saw a few I'd never seen before.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also featured Precious in my FF post this week, although not the same review. It sounds really good! I'm going to check out some of your other finds too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Consequences of Love has a beautiful cover!
    (also, Wide Sargasso Sea is a very good book)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great collection and GORGEOUS covers!!
    Most of them sound very interesting.. I love that you know from where each book attracted your attention.. I really have to steal this idea for next week!! I have to keep track of where each book idea came from.. but how do you do that?! just curious ;) Any tips?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea but far out Brussel sprout thats a lot of books! I only took a tiny tumble of the no book buying wagon and got 1 book this week. But in my defense it was on sale (store is closing for rennos) AND I had $7 credit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great collection of books! I find I do the same when blog hopping - I end up adding so many titles to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow!! there is a lot of diversity out there between all of us!! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! What a list. I am sure all of us can relate to this TBR pile!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!