May 8, 2009

Friday Fill-Ins #123


I have not done a Fill-In in a couple of weeks, so it is about time!


1. Apples are to oranges as Oprah is to Ellen. (By the way, Ellen wins. :) )

2. Cancer sucks and that's all I have to say about that.

3. I think I hear my stomach growling.

4. When I looked at my dad's casket at the funeral, on top of it was a folded flag.

5. Do what you want to do, but be respectful of others in the process.

6. Obama was walking down the sidewalk and behind him was a Radio Flyer wagon; in the wagon was a bucket filled with offers for jobs.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to hanging out with my sister who is in from DC, tomorrow my plans include possibly a date with the guy I am sort-of seeing, and Sunday, I want to spend the whole day with my mom because it is Mother's Day!

10 comments:

  1. With that reasoning I guess you like oranges better. I must love Oprah, then!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fall into the Ellen camp as well. Never really got Oprah.

    Hope you have a great weekend with your sister and mum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Ellen is def my favorite. Thanks, Caspette. We will. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice fill-in, Rebecca and a great sounding weekend!
    Enjoy!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoyed your Friday fill-in. Found your blog on J Kaye's blog discoveries.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you have a fun weekend coming up. Hope your date happens and is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Rebecca - Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. Love getting to "meet" another bookworm :)

    I hope you have a great weekend, I'm spending it with my mom too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't do one this week, but I enjoyed reading your responses. It must've been hard looking into your father's casket.

    ReplyDelete
  9. TheChicGeek- Thank you, Kelly! I hope you and your daughter had a good time, too.

    Alaine- Thank you for coming by! I have to specially thank J.Kaye. She is always sending people my way!

    Ali- The date did not happen because my sister came into town from D.C. and I just decided to hang out with her since I see her less often. The guy I've been seeing is great and had no problem with that and we rescheduled!

    Iliana- I love meeting other book lovers as well! It's always like meeting a kindred spirit!

    Bellezza- It was very hard to look in or at the casket, and it is hard now to look at the grave. But I know I will get through it, as I am not the first to go through this, nor will I, unfortunately, be the last. The hardest part of this weekend was not having my dad around for Mother's day. The first father's day should be a blast. But that is to be expected. Thank you for your kind comments.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!