April 5, 2009

TSS- March Reading Round-Up

It is time for the monthly reading round-up! February was a slow month for me, due to the death of my father in late January. But I made up for it this month! Now I am back on track for reading 100 books this year. Yea! :) If the title does not have a hyperlink, it is because I did not write a review on it. Also, be sure to check out the bottom of this post for information on my current giveaway!


MARCH BOOKS READ
1. Surviving Grief...and Learning to Live Again by Catherine M. Sanders
2. Midwives by Chris Bohjalian (oops! listed this in Feb.)
3. The Egypt Game by Zilpha Keatley Snyder (oops! listed this in Feb.)
4. The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch
5. Secret Daughter: A Mixed-Race Daughter and the Mother Who Gave Her Away by June Cross
6. My Antonia by Willa Cather
7. Behind the Lines: Powerful and Revealing American and Foreign War Letters and One Man's Search to Find Them by Andrew Carroll
8. Deeper Than Tears: Promises of Comfort and Hope
9. Princess Masako: Prisoner of the Chrysanthemum Throne by Ben Hills
10. 1st to Die by James Patterson
11. 2nd Chance by James Patterson
12. What is my Cat Thinking? The Essential Guide to Understanding Pet Behavior by Gwen Bailey
13. Become a Person of Influence by Gordon MacFarlane
14. Stuffed: An Insider's Look at Who's Really Making America Fat by Hank Cardello

MARCH OTHER READS
I did not read any short stories or essays this month.

MARCH DNF'S
1. The Midnight Club by James Patterson (I just couldn't get into this one even though Patterson is one of my fave authors.)

2.
Rubies in the Orchard: How to Uncover the Hidden Gems in Your Business by Lynda Resnick with Francis Wilkinson (I did not finish it but will try again later since this was sent to me for review.)

TOTAL BOOKS READ SO FAR IN 2009: 26
TOTAL BOOKS READ TO REACH 100: 74
BREAK UP: need avg. of 8.5 books/month to reach goal (totally doable!)

CHALLENGE UPDATES:
These are on my sidebar with links to the challenge posts, but since many of you read my blog on a reader, I listed them here for you to see as well. I am in 20 challenges, but plan to finish every one of them! (I'm very optimistic.) Besides, a lot of the books overlap and a few are perpetual challenges.

1. 21 Cultures (2 down, 18 to go)
2. 50 Challenged or Banned Books (29 down, 21 to go)
3. 9 Books in 2009 (3 down, 6 to go)
4. Book Awards Challenge (3 down, 7 to go)
5. Book Buddy Blogger Challenge (1 down, 5 to go)
6. Centuries Challenge (2 down, 2 to go)
7. Colorful Reading Challenge (0 down, 9 to go)
8. Essay Reading Challenge (3 down, 7 to go)
9. Genre Challenge (2 down, 10 to go)
10. In Their Shoes (5 books read)
11. My A to Z Challenge (12 read, 14 to go)
12. New Authors Challenge (10 read, 20 to go)
13. Reading Your Name Challenge (3 down, 4 to go)
14. Spiritually Speaking Challenge (2 down, 4 to go)
15. TBR Challenge Lite (0 down, 6 to go)
16. Themed Reading Challenge (0 down, 4 to go)
17. Triple 999 in 2009 (15 down, 57 to go)
18. What's in a Name? (1 down, 5 to go)
19. 100 Shots of Short (16 down, 84 to go)
20. 100+ in 2009 (24 down, 76 to go)

Please visit the Colorful Reading Challenge Post and see what other challenge participants are reading. It's my own challenge and I just now started reading a book for it!

Also, in case you haven't seen it I am having a giveaway for the audiobook of Undress Me in the Temple of Heaven (Abridged) by Susan Jane Gillman. Click to win!

If you are interested in a book swap, I am offering up Stuffed: An Insider's Look at Who's Really Making America Fat by Hank Cardello.

Here is a link to my Saturday post on books added to by TBR list this month.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Rebecca.. thanks for letting us know about the Colorful Reading Challenge. I remember you talked about it before, but didn't know you were hosting it. So I would love to join, and will be fixing my post and then I'll link to your main post for the challenge later. I remember you saying you couldn't get into The Woman in White and I saw you changed it into The White Tiger.. that's a good call. I really enjoyed that book. Oh by the way, I've read a color red book last February, does it count even though I'm only now signing up for the challenge? (I hope so..) :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had a great reading month, Rebecca! I hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rebecca-

    We have been having internet and telephone connection problems for months now and I did not approve your comment until Friday of this week. I used to have a follower list for months, then I got rid of it because no one signed up on it. I will bring it back and you can sign up on it. Thanks for the nice comment you posted on my blog, it means alot to me as I always think that people read my blog for my book review and don't bother to leave a comment. My blog is a mess as I have been trying for months to change my book challenges from an alphabetical order list to a catagory grouping of my book challenges. Thanks again! Judy/IB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great reading :)

    I also passed by to tell you that I have an award for you ;)
    Please come pick it up here :)

    http://desertrosebooklogue.blogspot.com/2009/04/splash-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had great month. Glad to hear that you're getting back into the swing of things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry about your father! Glad to read that things are improving. These are some lists! Your reading life is definitely enviable.

    Starting The Believers by Zoe Heller today. High hopes. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bought The Egypt Game, but I haven't read it yet. You've certainly accomplished a lot of books for March; wow, good for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!