April 16, 2009

Thursday Tea 04-16-09


Thursday Tea is hosted by Anastasia at Birdbrain(ed) Book Blog.

So here is how Thursday Tea works:

"To play along, all you need is some tea, a book, and the willingness to answer some very simple questions: What tea are you drinking (and do you like it)? What book are you reading (and do you like it)? Tell us a little about your tea and your book, and whether or not the two go together."

The Tea: I am drinking a simple tea today- just Lipton Hot Black Tea with honey in it.

The Book: Green Mansions by W.H. Hudson
The story is about a simple girl, Rima, who lives in a Guyana jungle and and is discovered by Abel, a Venezuelan political exile. He is captivated by the local natives' stories and superstitions of the jungle and goes exploring in them. He hears a beautiful call, almost like a bird, and discovers it belongs to Rima. The two fall in love. There is trouble in the jungle, though, and Abel and Rima may not survive to create a life for themselves.

The Mix: A simple tea to go with the story of a simple girl who lives in a remote, exotic jungle and is hunted by a superstitious people who believe her to be evil. Perfect. In fact, I need another cup of tea.

4 comments:

  1. I don't use sweeteners in tea but I do love honey. I tried to read Green Mansions many years ago as it was mentioned as one of the classics and I found it dull. Didn't really get far and it was probably just my mood. I'll be interested to know if you think it's worth reading after you've done it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great combination. I'm with Sandra, I generally do not use sweeteners in my tea. But when I do, it's always honey and never sugar!

    I haven't read Green Mansions, though I know it's always on the those list of books one should read. I'll be waiting for your review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's fun. The book sounds good too. I'm going to have to play along with this one :)
    Have a Great Day, Rebecca!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use German Rock Cane Sugar for many of my Tea's, I get it from Teavana. I am drinking Spice Nut Mate right now and reading A Lion Called Christian.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!