April 21, 2009

Teaser Tuesday #5


Teaser Tuesdays is hosted by Should Be Reading. Visit and check out everyone's teasers.

TEASER TUESDAYS asks you to:

Grab your current read. Let the book fall open to a random page.

Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.

You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!

Please avoid spoilers!

My teasers this week come from Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver:

"What' new on the farm?' asks my friend, a lifelong city dweller who likes for me to keep her posted by phone. This particular conversation was in early spring, so I told her what was up in the garden: peas, potatoes, spinach.

"Wait a minute," she said. "When you say, 'The potatoes are up,' what do you mean?" She paused, formulating her question: "What part of a potato comes
up?"

"Um, the plant part," I said. "The stems and leaves."

"Wow," she said. "I never knew a potato
had a plant part."

5 comments:

  1. LOL well she learnt something new that day.

    I liked this teaser. I suspect I am going to remove the two line clause from my teaser tuesday as I always constantly fail to do it and I am sick of feeling guilty :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was news to me too when I read that book. I guess it's something I'd never really thought about before. LOL.

    Great teaser! I hope you're enjoying the book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It makes sense that a potato would have a plant pop up above ground, although I can't say I ever gave it much thought. :-) Great teaser/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is too funny! I have this book on my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very funny! I really liked this book.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!