April 18, 2009

Readathon Update! Hour 5


Well, it is just after 1pm and I think that we are in Hour 5 now.
Here is what I have accomplished so far, which I am sure pales in comparison to all of my quick reader friends:

~I started with an essay. I read Kurt Vonnegut's Obscenity.

~I have also been reading Beyond Good and Evil by Nietzsche. I was in a philosophy mood. It is not the easiest of choices to pick for a readathon, but it is important to read something that you are in the mood for I think.

~I read some more in Good Books Lately, as well. Interesting book so far.

Okay I am going to read a little more and then take a break for some lunch! I think I might head over to the bookstore to read, too, just for a change of scenery.

Happy Reading, Everyone!

14 comments:

  1. Doing good :)
    Have fun and yes a change of scenery is always good

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's wonderful that you're reading a bit of everything to keep it interesting. Go Rebecca!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been doing great! Nietzsche during a read-a-thon is awesome. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like some pretty highbrow stuff there! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are totally impressing me with your reading material. Oh, I think I read Good Books Lately...is it kind of a reading group guide? I remember liking it, if it's the book I'm thinking of.

    Also, ha! My word verification is "buste." Yes, I'm twelve.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I'm impressed with your reading choices for this!
    Good luck with the rest of the read-a-thon and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy cow! Nietzsche during a read-a-thon - you are one smart cookie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are doing great! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope the change of scenery did you well! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Variety is the spice of life! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Nietzsche for the read-a-thon. Kant's Critique of Pure Reason is on my TBR list, but I am nowhere near brave enough to read it for the read-a-thon.

    Good luck! See you at the finish line!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very impressive choices. I don't think I could concentrate on an essay or a philosophical read, so I commend you.

    Best of luck with the rest of the R-a-T!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm popping in again to leave you more encouragement! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!