April 19, 2009

Readathon Update! Hour 17


It is now 2 AM and we are in hour 17. You guys have been so supportive and encouraging! It was so awesome to read all of your comments! Thank you!
Sorry I have not been updating frequently. I spent about 6 hours at the bookstore this afternoon/evening for a change of scenery. I took books with me to read, but did I read them? Of course not. I do what I always do in a bookstore and picked up something else. I (amazingly enough) did not purchase anything but I did read some books I had not been expecting to. Here is my reading list so far:

I previously told you about-
~Obscenity by Kurt Vonnegut (10 page essay)
~Beyond Good and Evil by Nietzsche (I read parts 2 and 3)
~Good Books Lately by Ellen Moore and Kira Stevens (2 chapters)

Now in the past 12 hours I've also read-
~The Child That Books Built by Francis Spufford (30 pages)
~A Passage to India by E.M. Forster (Chapter 1)
~Most of a Cosmopolitan Magazine (oh, give me a break)
~Hamlet by Shakespeare (about 10 pages before I realized I wasn't in the mood to read a play after all)
~Columbine by Dave Cullen (19 pages but it was too emotional for me for today. I've been missing my dad a lot this week.)
~Back When We Were Grownups by Anne Tyler (80 more pages)
~Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver (16 pages)

Okay, so I haven't finished a damn thing and I began reading 5 books. My reading today has been even more A.D.D. infused than usual!

Okay, I better get back to reading now. I am going to read more in Animal, Vegetable, Miracle right now. So far it reminds me a little of Stuffed by Hank Cardello, but in another way it is completely original, so I am liking that.

Happy continued reading to all those who haven't fallen asleep yet! :)

9 comments:

  1. Keep up the impressive amount of reading you've accomplished for the read-a-thon. Good job! Following the #readathon trend on twitter. Hope to participate in the next read-a-thon in Oct.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing great! We can do make it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what an amazing amount of books you have read. Your almost at the finish line keep it up!

    *shakes pom poms and chants go Rebecca go*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope the read-a-thon went great :)

    I just wanted to let your know that you have an award waiting please pick it up here :)

    http://desertrosebooklogue.blogspot.com/2009/04/super-comments-award-you-dont-say.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on a great day. I don't think I could handle Columbine either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are doing a great job even if you are reading pretty sporaticly. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!