April 19, 2009

Readathon Recap

I just want to say congratulations to all of the readers for completing the Readathon. You all did so great! I can't wait to finish reading everyone's list of books read and reviews for those finished. I did not finish any books. Not surprising considering I read about a dozen different books. I don't know why I can't stay on just a couple of books. I keep going back to ones I've started so it is not like I just don't like them. I just want to read so many different things I am finding it hard to choose and prioritize! I will work on this.

Here is my finalized reading list for the Readathon. I have included pages beside those I know the pages for. Some I forgot to write down or I read on the internet (Beyond Good and Evil) so I don't know the page numbers.

~Obscenity by Kurt Vonnegut (10 page essay)
~Beyond Good and Evil by Nietzsche (I read parts 2 and 3)
~Good Books Lately by Ellen Moore and Kira Stevens (70 pages)
~The Child That Books Built by Francis Spufford (30 pages)
~A Passage to India by E.M. Forster (Chapter 1)
~Most of a Cosmopolitan Magazine (yeah, yeah, I needed a break!)
~Hamlet by Shakespeare (about 10 pages before I realized I wasn't in the mood to read a play after all)
~Columbine by Dave Cullen (19 pages but it was too emotional for me. I've been missing my dad a lot this week.)
~Back When We Were Grownups by Anne Tyler (80 pages)
~Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver (50 pages)

So that is 269 pages I know about, plus however many from Beyond Good and Evil I actually read and from The Passage of India. Nothing compared to the thousands read by most of you readers, but a lot in one day for me. In fact, the most I have ever read in a day. I am not one of those read a book in a day types, so I feel good about this no matter how it falls on the scale comparitively speaking.

I do look forward to the October Readathon. I know now what my reading pattern will look like and I can set a page goal that will be challenging but achievable.

Thanks to all of the readers, cheerleaders, and friends who left me encouragement during the readathon both on my blog and on Twitter. You guys rock! :D

Until October, Readathon, until October...

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on finishing the marathon! I didn't finish a book too. But that's just because I'm a slowpoke and the book was thick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad I am not the only "slowpoke" out there! We turtles have to stick together, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on finishing the read-a-thon!
    I think sometimes jumping from one book to the next is not all bad - and you *did* get quite some reading done, right? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to have to check this whole Read-A-Thon thing out ... perhaps I'll try in October!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!