April 29, 2009

The Quote Game- MOTION

This Week's Topic: Motion

Ah! I forgot to post The Quote Game yesterday. I kept feeling like I forgot to do something last night and then it hit me all of the sudden. But then I went to bed and decided to do it today. Today I got up and did what I needed to do and came home around 12. By 1 o'clock I was asleep again and slept until 5:45!! I will never be able to go to sleep tonight. Ah, the joys of fibromyalgia. They are never-ending. ;)

So, as you can see, I have just now had a chance to post and I do apologize for the delay. I hope that you found some quotes this week so you can play the game.

If you need to look at how to play the game, click here.

Next week's topic to look for in your reading is Sisters.

Here is a quote to get you started for next week:
"I'm an allogeneic donor--a perfect sibling match. When Kate needs leukocytes or stem cells or bone marrow to fool her body into thinking it's healthy, I'm the one who provides them. Nearly every time Kate's hospitalized, I wind up there too." -My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult

5 comments:

  1. As you can see from these quotes, you don't need to have the actual word in the quote, as long as it pertains to the topic. See how these are related to motion:

    "Have you ever observed a humming-bird moving about in an aerial dance among the flowers--a living prismatic gem that changes its colour with every change of position." -from Green Mansions by W.H. Hudson

    "It is required of every man," the ghost returned, "that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide; and, if that spirit goes not forth in life, it is condemned to do so after death." - from A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens

    What did you come up with this week?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is a quote from my current read Silver Bay (book 3 in the colorful reading challenge), regarding the motion of a whale.

    "It was enormous, close enough that we could see the barnacled growths along its body, the corrugated white belly; near enough that I could look briefly into its eye. But ridiculously swift - something of that bulk had no right to be so agile."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know where this comes from, but it's one that used to be on the wall of the dance studio (I took years of ballet):

    "Dance is the movement of the universe concentrated in an individual." by Isadora Duncan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of these are great quotes! Thanks Kerri and Beth!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Rebecca. I can't wait for next Tuesday. I've got some great Sister quotes.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!