April 7, 2009

The Quote Game- Loyalty

This Week's Topic: LOYALTY

As a refresher, and for newbies, this is how the game works:

1) Each week I will select a topic, sometimes easy and sometimes more challenging. Once you know the topic, it is then your turn to find quotes from books, short stories, essays, and poems that pertain to the topic. They can contain the actual word or they can be a reference to the word, but your quote has to make sense out of context.

2) Once you have found a quote, save it and come back the next Tuesday and post it here in the comments section, along with the work you found it in, the work's author and the genre of the work. There is no limit to the number of quotes you can submit.

3) Also be sure to note next week's topic, which is ART. Anytime you see a passage or quote in your reading this week (or if you know of or find one) make a note of the quote and make a note to come back to Lost in Books next week and share it!

4) To get you started, I will always post the first quote. From there, let your books be your guides and, above all else, have fun! :)

5 comments:

  1. "People who love only once in their lives are shallow people. What they call their loyalty, and their fidelity, I call either the lethargy of custom or their lack of imagination. Faithfulness is to the emotional life what consistency is to the life of the intellect--simply a confession of failures." -The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde (Classic Fiction)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The holy passion of friendship is of so sweet and steady and loyal and enduring a nature that it will last through a whole lifetime, if not asked to lend money." -Pudd'nhead Wilson by Mark Twain

    "Master, go one, and I will follow thee, To the last gasp, with truth and loyalty." -As You Like It by Shakespeare

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rebecca, I have a few more at home, but I read this one on the train this morning. I thought you'd enjoy as it is Patterson. (A bit racy).

    "But as we grappled together, making the delicious climb to ecstasy, an image of anohter man came winging into my mind. I fought it hard, because I didn't want him there. That man was Richie." - 7th Heaven by James Patterson

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loyalty to petrified opinions never yet broke a chain or freed a human soul in this world-and never will.

    Mark Twain

    (It wasn't easy to find a good one!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kerri & Beth-
    Thank you for your quotes! The topic is a more challenging one this week. Thank you for sharing what you found! And Kerri, I am working my way through that Patterson series. I look forward to reading the story behind that passage! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!