April 13, 2009

Musing Mondays 04-13-09

Today’s question is about blog comments: How do you respond to the comments on your blog? Do you try to email individually or comment on post yourself answering the comments above? What do you think is the best way to respond to comments and do you respond to all of them? Do you feel slighted if you don't receive a response back from the blog owner?

I typically respond to comments on my blog by commenting underneath them in my post. I think the best way would be to do this plus e-mail the person but I am just not able to do that right now. That will be a future goal for me. I also try my best to comment on the people's blogs who comment on mine. I appreciate comments. It lets me know you are not only reading my posts, but you like the posts or you have something to add to them. That is why I have a widget in my sidebar that keeps track of my current best commenters. I know that others appreciate comments, too, so I try to go and leave a comment on posts that strike me or that I can see the blogger worked hard on. Feedback is important.

I do not feel slighted when a blog author does not respond to me because that would be hypocritical of me. I can't respond to every comment I get individually and I know others can't do it either. I don't ask for something I cannot myself give. Sometimes it is simply a question of whether I know how to respond to a comment. Sometimes it is a matter of finding the time. A lot of my time is spent not only reading and writing reviews and posts for my own blog, but also reading all of the other terrific blogs I subscribe to. Heck, that right there is a full-time job in and of itself! I do my best and that is all I can do and that is all I expect of anyone else.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE comments too, well who doesn't :) I'm considering the email thing but never replyied to a comment via email, always on the same post.. but I might just do that soon!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!