April 19, 2009

Marvelous Mondays 04-20-09

I think this is my most read and most commented on post every week. I love bringing you great posts I find during the week. Please go read these blogs because they are worth it! What did you find this week that you found marvelous??

Dewey's 24-Hour Readathon:
~Here is the link to the official Readathon site. Check out everyone's answers to the end-of-event meme.
~Here are the #readathon tweets collected over at Twitter, if you are interested.
~S. Krishna absolutely rocked the Readathon. Check out how much she read. Did anyone read as much? If so, let me know!

Special thanks to Nymeth, Trish, and Hannah, who organized the event.

Three Extra-Marvelous Reviews:
~Check out the review of The Lost Hours by Kate White up at Bookfoolery and Babble.
~I enjoyed reading Heather J.'s review of The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao. The "Quirks" section was my favorite.
~5 Minutes for Books featured a review by Dawn on the book Old World Daughter, New World Mother: An Education in Love and Freedom. Check it out!

Three Reviews of Unique Reads This Week:
~One thing I like about Matthew is that he is always reading something no one else is currently reading and then he writes a wonderful review about it. For example, check out his review on Writing Down the Bones by Natalie Goldberg. It made me remember why I bought this book (but not why I haven't read it yet.)
~Aerin read and loved The Magicians and Mrs. Quent by Galen Beckett.
~C.B. read and reviewed Truman Capote's Breakfast at Tiffany's, a book AND a movie which I adore. In fact, the movie is one of my favorites of all time.

Other:
~Gwendolyn is having her first giveaway over at A Sea of Books (a great blog already, by the way). She is offering up 5 copies of Made in the U.S.A. by Billie Letts!
~Cathy at Kittling: Books talked about how her grandmother and a wonderful book fueled a lifelong love with flowers.
~Carrie of Books and Movies has moved her blog here! And with good reason! Be sure to change your bookmarks and RSS feeds so you don't miss any of her posts.

Have a wonderful week reading and reviewing! I will see you on my Google Reader. :)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for helping to get the word out about my blog move!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!