April 6, 2009

Marvelous Mondays 04-06-09

Hi everyone! I do hope you had a fabulous weekend. We have had sunshine, a rare treat lately, so I enjoyed it immensely!

I have been thinking about these Marvelous Mondays and was wondering one thing: those who have a post that gets mentioned, would it be nice to have a 'Marvelous Mondays' award to put on your post that won? Let me know if this sounds cool or if it sounds way lame.

I read lots of marvelous posts this week to share with you! And I have included as many as I thought appropriate for one post, lol.

THREE GREAT REVIEWS:
~Ti from Book Chatter and Other Stuff wrote a wonderful and personal review on Jodi Picoult's Nineteen Minutes.
~ I enjoyed Beth from Beth Fish Read's review of Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher. She has convinced me I should listen to the audio book.
~ Alyce of At Home with Books read The Strength of a Sparrow by Tim Anders. She did not like it, but she wrote a great review on why she didn't.

MARVELOUS POSTS FOR A WEEKLY:
~ Eva from A Striped Armchair gave a great, interesting synopsis of her Vacation reads on Sunday Salon.
~ I am loving the Teaser Tuesdays quote from Richard Dawkins' The God Delusion on Between the Covers.

PASSIONATE POSTINGS:
~Heather's review of The Obama Revolution on her site Book Addiction was passionate in both its praises and its critiques. (And I am not just saying that because I am a fan of Obama.)
~ You know I LOVE The Book Chook. I mean, she just knows exactly what she is talking about when it comes to children and literacy. I should know, I have a degree in Birth-Kindergarten and I know a lot about children. The answer to Letter to the Book Chook is once again spot on. Check it out.

INTERVIEW OF THE WEEK:
~Serena interviewed Poet Dan Albergotti this week on Savvy Verse & Wit. It was especially interesting in the midst of her Poetry Challenge.

READING ON THEIR OWN (reviews of books not seen everywhere):
~ Lisa on 5 Minutes for Books wrote a review on On That Day Everybody Ate: One Woman's Story of Hope and Possibility in Haiti by Margaret Trost. It is a story that will touch the heartstrings.
~ Caspette of The Narrative Causality read and reviewed Fried Eggs with Chopsticks by Polly Evans. It looks like a book I would LOVE reading, what with it being about a different culture AND nonfiction. I mean, hello, how have I not heard about this book?
~ Laura from Laura's Book and Movie Reviews reviewed Chloe by Lyn Cote

OTHER INTERESTING POSTS:
~ Do you know anyone who can read faster than Book Dragon? Over 7200 pages in March and she has "slowed down"????
~Have you checked out 1morechapter's Bookworms Carnival?
~I love the list Ali from Worducopia made called Books to Drool Over.
~Check and see what nonfiction book made tears fall at Book, Line, and Sinker


P.S. If you read posts on another person's blog that you think should be included on Marvelous Mondays, e-mail me the link and I will take a look!

2 comments:

  1. I really like your blog; I just came across it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog too, Amy! Thanks for the link. Why don't you come do a guest post on my blog some time?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!