April 13, 2009

Marvelous Monday 04-13-09

The marvelous, stand-out posts that I find in the book blogosphere each week are posted right here so you can be sure to see them too. So much to choose from this week! It was hard to narrow it down, but I tried. Take a look.

Three Great Reviews:
~ I am becoming a big fan of the blog Between the Covers. This week she has an intelligent and thoughtful review on The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins. I have needed a break from the dozens of Christian reads I've seen as of late and this was just the relief I needed.
~JS Peyton of BiblioAddict wrote a terrific review of Pride & Prejudice by writing a letter to its author, Jane Austen, apologizing for not having read this book sooner. Brilliant.
~Aerin of In Search of Giants wrote an intelligent review of The Obama Revolution by Alan Kennedy-Shaffer.

Three Reviews of Books You Won't Find Everywhere Else:
~ Alyce of At Home with Books read and reviewed Dickens' A Tale of Two Cities. Have you read this classic?
~ Padfoot & Prongs used their love of Greek literature to share one of the best reviews of The Illiad you've read lately.
~Heather of Book Addiction always finds books that interest me and then writes reviews that seal the deal on my purchase of it. Read her review of Invisible Sisters by Jessica Handler, the newest book she has wiggled onto my TBR list.

Great Meme Posts:
~mizb at Should Be Reading had a great teaser for Teaser Tuesdays this week.
~Opening Sentence of the Day on Rose City Reader was a great one on Wednesday.
~Gautami shared some beautiful poems from the book Tangled in Wisteria in Weekly Geeks.
~Dar of Peeking Between the Pages had a Cover Attraction that made me want to run out and buy the book ASAP.
~ Lori at Lori's Reading Corner has a meme called Friday Favorites. Have you checked it out?

Interesting Tidbits:
~Marie reminds us of Buy Indie Day on May 1, 2009. Want to know more? Check out her post on The Boston Bibliophile.
~Padfoot & Prongs have done it again! They have created a new weekly on traveling through the states with a literary twist. Check it out.
~Many thanks to Heather J. for pointing out that Invisible Children was having a special day of activism on April 25th to bring awareness and aid to child soldiers in Uganda. I have signed up to participate. Will you?

Interview of the Week:
~Serena gets the honors this week for her interview with Jill Mansell, author of An Offer You Can't Refuse, over on her blog Savvy Verse & Wit. I love Jill's answer to the question How do you stay fit & healthy as a writer?

Which post mentioned do you think was the most marvelous this week? Leave your vote in the comments section.

5 comments:

  1. Loved the Pride and Prejudice link. I am actually about to put up a review of that book and I might just have to link back to her since I loved it so much. Thanks so much for the mention.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, thanks for the honor! I had no idea that the interview would receive this much attention! I am excited to check out the P&P letter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P&P- You're welcome on both accounts. It helps to know which posts and links other people also find intriguing.

    Serena- You are most welcome! Well-deserved mention I might add. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad that you enjoyed the interview with Jill Mansell. I have another interview coming up this week with the author of The Traitor's Wife.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for posting my link! I'm so far behind in my blog reading that I'm just getting to this now. Makes me wonder what else I'm missing out there in blog land. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!