April 20, 2009

Mailbox Monday 04-20-09

This week I only received one book in the mail, which is quite alright with me considering my TBR Pile is turning into a mountain!

But I am extremely happy that author Tomi Akinyanmi sent me a copy of her book, A Worthy Legacy, to review. I am having to be very, very good and not move it up to the top of my "books sent to me for review" pile ahead of the others!

Here is the synopsis for the book. You will see why I want to move it to the top, especially considering my recent circumstances:

The Harmattan wind scorches across Nigeria, and an old man lies dying. His community gathers to pay its respects; their haunting songs echoing in the warm twilight. Tomi Akinyanmi, his eldest granddaughter, is present along with the rest of the family, and as she listens to Grandpa's last words, she feels a resonance deep within her heart. For Grandpa doesn't talk of regrets, or petty grievances, instead he talks softly about life; how to survive, how to be happy, how to achieve self-respect.

"A Worthy Legacy" is a book far greater than its sum of parts; a moral guide that does not preach or command, but simply presents a code for life with a confidence and credibility that allows the reader to relate to and apply its philosophies.

2 comments:

  1. Just looking at the cover makes me want to read this one. The book from what you tell us is exactly what I love to read...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!