April 7, 2009

Library Loot!


Library Loot is a weekly event hosted by A Striped Armchair that encourages Bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library. In parentheses I tell why I got the book. If it is for a challenge, I will list the 'main' challenge.

Books I checked out from the public library:

1. What Looks Like Crazy on an Ordinary Day by Pearl Cleage (21 Cultures Challenge)
2. Animal, Vegetable, or Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver (Book Buddy Blogger Challenge)
3. Goodbooks Lately: The One-Stop Resource for Book Groups and Other Greedy Readers by Ellen Moore and Kira Stevens (just because it looked interesting)
4. The Scalpel and the Silver Bear: The First Navajo Woman Surgeon Combines Western Medicine and Traditional Healing by Lori Alvord & Elizabeth Cohen Van Pelt (A Colorful Challenge)
5. 3rd Degree (The Women's Murder Club) by James Patterson (just because I loved the first 2 in the series)


Books I re-checked out from my mother's church library:

1. Three Weeks with My Brother by Nicholas Sparks and Micah Sparks (I am a Nicholas Sparks fan and have also had someone recommend this to me)
2. Bella Tuscany by Frances Mayes (I am in love with Italy and while I did not read Under the Tuscan Sun, I loved the movie)
3. World Religions and Cults 101 by Bruce Bickel & Stan Jantz of Christianity 101 (finished, but not reviewing. I did not care for it. It was too biased for me.)

7 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed Animal, Vegetable, Miracle - hope you do too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice loot, Rebecca :) I read both of Frances Mayes books and I really loved Under the Tuscan Sun. I don't think Bella Tuscany was as good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rebecca. Thanks for the visit yesterday. I loved getting t take a peek at your library. I went yesterday and got a ton of stuff. I am thinking of working up a post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodbook Lately does look interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bermudaonion- I hope so too! I have read nothing but good things about it.

    Kelly- My mom saw I got it and said the same thing. I will be interested to find out.

    Nicole- I would love to see what you picked up at the library, too!

    Nymeth- I know I have it on my bedside table right now to take another peek at before bed. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you'll like 3rd Degree if you liked the first 2. I really want to read the Nicholas Sparks one - Three Weeks with My Brother.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!