April 21, 2009

Good Books, Inc. Scavenger Hunt Entry #3


If you have not been by to check out Padfoot & Prongs' Literary Scavenger Hunt, then you need to right now! Seriously, why are you still reading and not checking it out??

Today I am making an entry for list item # 5:

5.) Watch 3 movies that are based of off literary novels.

Well, P & P, I can do you one better. I have watched the 3 movies since the scavenger hunt began, but I am also going to list 30 more movies based off of novels that I have watched and loved and 5 more I want to see. Such the over-achiever, I know. :P

3 Movies I Watched for the Scavenger Hunt
1. Schindler's List (a re-watch, but I love this movie. And the theme song is one of my favorites.)
2. The Shawshank Redemption (one of my top 10 favorite movies. Also a re-watch. About the 12th re-watch, actually.)
3. Prozac Nation (very interesting)

The rest of the novels turned movies I have seen:
4. The Da Vinci Code
5. Brokeback Mountain
6.
The Cider House Rules
7. Forrest Gump
8. Breakfast at Tiffany's (another favorite movie of mine)
9. The Bone Collector
10. The Notebook
11. To Kill a Mockingbird
12. Memoirs of a Geisha (one of my favorite books)
13. The Perfect Storm
14. Angela's Ashes
15. A Beautiful Mind
16. The Count of Monte Cristo (one of my favorite books)
17. Crash
18. The Haunting
19. Dangerous Minds
20. Dead Man Walking
21. The Virgin Suicides
22. The Diving Bell and the Butterfly
23. Jarhead
24. Pride & Prejudice (a favorite book)
25. Girl, Interrupted
26. Dances with Wolves
27. Don't Say a Word
28. Zodiac
29. High Fidelity
30. The Kite Runner
31. Under the Tuscan Sun
32. Little Women
33. Million Dollar Baby

5 I Want to See:
1. Freedom Writers
2. Persuasion
3. The Color Purple
4. Green Mansions
5. Lolita

5 comments:

  1. Wow!!!! You certinitaly did step up your game! Shawshank is by far one of my favorite movies of all time, and is HANDS DOWN my favorite short story every written. Sometimes I get confused about how someone that wrote Shawshank and The body, could possibly write the ending of It. King, in my opinion...stick to short stories.

    Thanks so much for your continued support of our challenge! We really do look forward to seeing the participants entries and are excited to give away the prize next month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohmigosh, Rebecca, what a great list! You did step it up, girl :D
    You go!...LOL
    Have a Happy Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another fan of Shawshank Redemption the movie here, but especially the story.. just love love love it. Also The Body, both story and movie.

    I've seen most of the movies you listed, too. Love The Cider House Rules book but not the movie so much, too many details left out.

    I couldn't do the scavenger hunt but cheering you on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi-I've got another award waiting for you at my blog!
    http://sunshine-gardeninmypocket.blogspot.com/2009/04/bloggers-are-awesome.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good one, Miss Overachiever! I'm still working on this one ... I kind of lost my focus on the Scavenger Hunt and need to get it back! For some reason, I thought we had to compare them or something. Now I see it is easier to do than I thought!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!