April 10, 2009

EARTH DAY 2009 12-DAY CHALLENGE

Wednesday, April 22nd is the 40th annual Earth Day! Don't let this milestone pass you by without making changes to help the environment and create a better world for you, your friends, your children, your nieces and nephews, and your grandchildren.

The good news is that it is really EASY to make a difference. Even the smallest, simplest changes can make an impact. Every single change that every person makes contributes to a better Earth. There are enough factors contributing to the decline of the planet due to humans. Why be another factor to the decline? Instead, pledge to be an Eco-Angel (coined by The Sierra Club, I believe)!

For the next 12 days (starting today) on Lost in Books I am going to provide an eco-challenge. That means you will have the potential of 12 different ways to make a difference through reading this blog and taking action! How cool is that! And, to make it even cooler, those who finish the 12 challenges will be entered into a drawing to win a special Earth Day package from yours truly!!!

What might this package include?

-Your choice of 1 of 2 books:
1) The Complete Idiot's Guide to Green Living by Trish Riley
or
2) 50 Simple Things Kids Can Do to Save the Earth by The Earth Works Group

PLUS
-Your choice of 2 sets of these bookmark packs, each pack containing 12 bookmarks:








PLUS
-One Earth Spirit Beaded Bookmark:

The writing on the bookmark says:
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children. -Native American Proverb



I wish I could give you all of the above, but money is tight right now.

So, to enter, please sign up with Mr. Linky below. Then, for each of the 12 challenges, please leave a direct link to your challenge post where you will put each day's challenge requirements.

Each challenge will be completely doable with a job, a family, and all of your other committments, so don't feel that you cannot sign up because it will be time-consuming. This is supposed to be fun and helpful, not stressful! Also, each challenge should take place on a separate day, making it easier for you to participate. However, if you need to combine more than one into a day, it is perfectly acceptable. Simply note that on your post.

Thanks everybody and I really look forward to your participation!

TODAY'S ASSIGNMENT: To sign up with Mr. Linky and to create a challenge post on your own blog explaining the challenge and linking back to this post. Tomorrow, look for the real challenges to begin!

NOTE: After I looked this over again tonight, I noticed I omitted one part I intended to change: You need to finish 10 out of the 12 challenges, not all 12 as it states above! I do hope you will be able to participate!

6 comments:

  1. Super Idea. I'll post about this in my weekly link post on Sunday. I'm so swamped with work and other things right now I'm going to pass. But I'll tweet and and post help promote this very cool idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a terrific idea and I am definitely going to read along with it but I very much doubt I am going to be able to complete the challenge! And I'm sitting by a very drafty window right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea...april is such a jam packed month with Earth Day and National Poetry Month. I will definitely follow along as well. I may write up a post after the writer's conference I am attending tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great idea, Rebecca :) You are so good with these things!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!