April 12, 2009

The Cutest Kid You've Ever Seen

I know! You've never seen anything as cute in your life as me at five years old, have you? Sigh, I can't help it. It's just good, good genetics. :P

But, seriously, that is me at 5 in the bright yellow raincoat! I was playing teacher I am pretty sure. I was always playing teacher. Then I grew up to be one! What are the odds?

That almost-as-cute-as-me girl in the background ;), is my younger sister. She would have been around 2.5 or 3 years old. We were close as kids and we are still pretty close now. You can also see in the photo our awesome play kitchen, which apparently at the time was set up in our actual kitchen (I am standing in the space right between the kitchen and the dining area.) That looks like a pink cake on top. I must have been having a party at my play school. Yeah, that's the kind of kick-ass school I ran. Oh and our play kitchen had sharp edges on it and was not made of plastic. The horrors! I don't remember suing anyone when we got hurt on it either. More like my parents saying, 'Well, be more careful, crazy girl.' You know, in the nicest way possible.

Bobbie, who blogs at Book Reviews by Bobbie, had posted some pics of her younger days recently and it inspired me to post one of my own. Anyone else have some pics of their younger years to share? If you do, send me the link so I can see! I am going to search for a picture of me reading when I was younger. That would be a very cool photo to post, wouldn't it?

4 comments:

  1. Awwww, cutest little girl ever! What a fun idea for a post too :) Isn't that neat that you ended up doing what you loved to play! How cool is that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww -- so cute! And your sister too. What a nice post. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are adorable! :-)
    How wonderful, that you grew up and became a teacher; that's fantastic!
    Thank you for sharing it with us.
    Could you do me one small favour and post this link on my blog under the post you've mentioned? I'd really appreciate it, Rebecca.
    Thanks a bunch.

    -Bobbie

    Book Reviews By Bobbie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!