April 9, 2009

Bookish Links on 04-09-09

I post bookish links, truly, whenever I think about it. Blame the A.D.D. Blame laziness. Blame the bad memory. But that's how I roll: when I remember it style. :)

1) I saw that Giulia Melucci's I Loved, I Lost, I Made Spaghetti was a hit with those whose reviews I read. Here she is in The New York Times: At Home with Giulia Melucci. And she's made muffins...

2) About.com shares some poetry and poetry links in honor of National Poetry Month, including the best read-aloud poetry for children.

3) Two new Michael Crichton books will be published by HarperCollins posthumously: the first is Pirate Latitudes set for Nov. 2009, and the second one is yet untitled and slated for Fall 2010.

4) Borders is set to close hundreds of Waldenbooks stores.

5) For my cookbook-loving readers, Paula Deen just release a new one this week, The Deen Family Cookbook.

And don't forget to enter to win in my Tax Day Giveaway!!!

5 comments:

  1. I'm sort if the same way. I can be very spur of the moment and sometimes the moment just doesn't deliver. I am try to schedule things more so I don't run into that problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My family is really looking forward to the new Michael Crichton books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I accept the death of Waldens. Honestly, they are so over priced it frustrates me. (Same with borders but what can you do there.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicole- Since I figured out the scheduling trick on Blogger it has been a little easier (unless I do like I did yesterday and hit publish now without changing the date and have Friday Finds on Wed. Dang A.D.D.)

    Bermudaonion- I think it is nice when there is a new book to look forward to after a favorite author dies. It makes it a little easier to bear.

    Padfoot & Prongs- agreed. I almost never shop at new book stores anymore unless I just have to get something I cannot find at a used book store or through Book Mooch. I want to support the authors, but if you read as much as we all do, it can get very expensive. A 75-page book that is only 3 inches tall being $17.99 (which I saw recently) is a lot to swallow. I don't care who wrote it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm pretty much in the same boat as you ... I collect links but don't always publish them right away or on any set day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!