April 20, 2009

Bookish Links 04-20-09

1. LitChat tweeted today about NetGalley, "a website where publishers can invite contacts to view their print or digital galleys, and readers can request galleys they want to review."

2. I read a little bit of Hamlet during the Readathon Saturday. The blog How Books Got Their Titles has a post on the legend of how the name Hamlet came to be.

3. I also tried to read Columbine by Dave Cullen on Saturday (pictured above), but it was just too hard for me to read about so soon after my dad. But if you want to know more about the book, check out NPR. Did you know it has been ten years now? It doesn't seem that long ago but I guess I was in high school at the time. It is a reminder to us all to pay better attention to our children and our nieces and nephews and neighbor's kids. Everyone needs someone to listen to them.

3. Here is an explanation behind the changes to Library Thing's new catalog look.

4. Check this out: Bookgal, the President of AME, tweeted this interesting info: Pizza Hut is hiring an intern for the summer to tweet for them. No, seriously. Nice job for a college student or someone looking for work, as long as you are willing to relocate to Dallas.

5. I completely forgot (I know, I know, imagine that!) to put Sandra from Fresh Ink Books on my Marvelous Mondays post. Check out her haiku writing that she has apparantly had published? Very cool! And well deserved, I might add.

6. $52,000 fine is waived after a book stolen from a Virginia library during the Civil War was returned, 145 years overdue.

3 comments:

  1. I love your links posts ... they always have such odd things ... like the severely overdue library book! And for $250, I'll tweet for Pizza Hut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. You always come up with the neatest stuff. I like Jenners thumbs up pic too...so cute! Very appropriate when posting to you... :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, girls! I am glad that you like these posts. It lets me know I should continue them. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!