March 15, 2009

TSS: A Little Catching Up to Do


As regular readers know, the past couple of weeks have been a little off for me. However, I have been reading, my friends, and would like to share that with you now. :) My last Sunday Salon was on February 22, so I have some catching up to do for you!


BOOKS I FINISHED IN FEBRUARY:

BOOKS I COULDN'T FINISH IN FEBRUARY:

I also read one amazing essay for the Essay Challenge and nine short stories for the 100 Shots of Short Challenge.

I also put The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins on hold. I cannot get into it. I have read Part One and still I am only mildly curious and mostly apathetic towards the plot. I may have to select a different choice for the A Colorful Challenge.

Don't forget to play this week's Quote Game. One participant will get to choose next week's topic! While you are there, check out past week's topics and leave a new quote there for us, too!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Rebecca.. I see you loved Life of Pi. I did, too! It's quite unforgettable and still on my mind after four years. :D

    Priscilla on her blog The Evening Reader was just talking about recommending books, and I said I usually don't except when asked, but.. since you are not exactly loving The Woman in White and are considering replacing it, I would like to recommend White Nights by Dostoevsky. It's only a novella, but really beautiful. You might want to check that out.

    I like your Quote Game and might jump in one of these days. Have a happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recommendation, Claire!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you get caught up with things soon--I know how frustrating that can be! Looks like you've been getting some good reading done, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Trish. It has been quite frustrating, but it could always be worse! That's my motto. It helps when you want to scream. :) I just finished another book that I need to write a review for, so look for that, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!