March 25, 2009

To Quote or Not to Quote: That is the Question


I wanted to talk to you about The Quote Game. At first, it seemed to be a hit and I had a lot of participation. The last few weeks there has hardly been any. I tried letting participants choose the topic for two weeks in a row and have had only two participants for that. (Thank you to Jennifer and Mee!)

So, my question is this: Is there anything that I could tweak about the game to make it more fun and interesting? Should the game be discontinued? You are the readers and the participants so I want to know what you want and like.

7 comments:

  1. I think it might help if you announce the next week's topic at the end of the current week's post. I would find it difficult to track down quotations during the day. But if I had a week to think about it, I might have a better chance of playing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Beth! I have tried to participate several times but can't seem to find the right quote at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also I have a real trouble commenting on your blog for some reason. It seems that for me any blog that has this style of comment box is real difficult for me get a comment on. It keeps resetting and sometimes never shows up. Does anyone else have that problem? It happened a couple weeks when I actually had a comment to share and never could.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just participated once, so I'm not sure how to make it work better yet. But do you set a particular day of the week for the game? It could work better if it's set, so people know when to "prepare", like the other little bookish games out there (Teaser Tuesday, Mailbox Monday, etc). I also agree that you should make the comment opens up to everyone, not just the ones with google and openID accounts.

    ~Mee

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know I've tried but sometimes I just get behind in blogging and then I can't think of anything right off the top of my head and then I forget about it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all great suggestions and tips! Thank you! I will be getting the game back up tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the idea and love reading what people come up with, but I can't seem to come up with any to add. Sorry! I am just not a good quotes person. I hope you keep doing it, though.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!